Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Something new for 48th scale Dioramas!
TOTS48
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 78 posts
AeroScale: 10 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 12:37 PM UTC
Hi folks, looking for something new to accent your WW2 Luftwaffe Dioramas? Check these out!
http://www.tots48.net/GermanTrucks.html
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 06:59 PM UTC
Hi Bob,

Welcome to Aeroscale!

Thanks for sharing the news. There are some interesting stuff to watch for. I think I will order a couple of things when I'm back from vacations in the end of July. If I forget, please remind me...

Jean-Luc
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 30, 2011 - 06:14 PM UTC
Bob,

Thanks for the heads up!

Bandai released a 1/48 Mercedes L3000S long ago -- I have it, and I have the photos of it for review. Just gotta write it... From Iron Division's text, I wonder if they use the Bandai kit or if their model is 100% their own? Anyone know for certain.

Very welcome releases, indeed.
TOTS48
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, July 01, 2011 - 02:15 AM UTC
In answer to your question, Yes and No. The Bandai kit was used as a basis for this kit however, repopping one is the wrong way to do things. Careful inspection of the Bandai kit revealed quite a few errors, so the long process of rebuilding started to make a more accurate kit out of it.
GastonMarty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 595 posts
AeroScale: 507 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 02, 2011 - 09:02 AM UTC
Hello Bob!

Could you outine what was corrected/changed from the Bandai LS 3000 kit?

Love the the eight bolt Opel wheels option BTW!: The darned Italeri Opel wheels also seem unduly skinny in the rubber, according to the kit's boxtop... (The boxtop is more reliable than the kit 99.99999% of the time usually)

Gaston
TOTS48
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, July 02, 2011 - 09:44 AM UTC
Hi Gaston,
I didn't use the Italeri tires for the blitz 8-bolt, found some others that were much better to scale and detail.
Wow, the Mercedes mod.s! I reviewed the Bandai kit and checked it against an old manual that was in the shop. That's when the "headaches" began. An internet search of around 100+ pics of various L3000S models and examination of those just made the Headaches worse. Some of the modifications included just alittle work on the wheels/tires (the easy part), a brand new chassis, heavily modified cab/interior and a few other tweaks here and there with some more detailing. Took a couple weeks but it was well worth the effort.
Now I'm modifying the Tamiya 1/48th GMC cab to start my Chevy 1 1/2ton series using some really great input/pics from Bruce Culver. I can't forget about the Allied Airfield Vehicles!
 _GOTOTOP