_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Contact for G. Welham BOB pilot
chris1
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 949 posts
AeroScale: 493 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 17, 2011 - 05:01 PM UTC
Hi All,
Recently my father in law lent me a copy of FIRST LIGHT by Battle of Britian, Pilot Geoff Welham.
As my Father in Law flew for the RNZAF during WW2 and I belive Mr Welham is still alive ,(both are about the same age)
I would like to contact Mr Welham for an Autograph or Autograph plate to put in his book so I can re-present back to my father in law on his 89th Birthday.
Can any body provide email or contact details?? please.

Thanks..

Chris
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2011 - 07:48 AM UTC
Hi Chris,
Geoffrey Wellam lives in Mullion in Cornwall and is a well known figure around the village. All of the copies of "First Light" in any of the shops there are signed by him (yes I do have a signed copy ) I can possibly find out his address.
chris1
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 949 posts
AeroScale: 493 posts
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2011 - 08:28 AM UTC
Cheers Mal,
Thanks for the quick reply.
I'd be grateful if you could get an address for me.

Time is of the esence ( sort of) I had hoped to Geoff Fiskens (RNZAF Ace) autograph, however as I was putting something together I read that he had died.
So never got a chance.

Chris
EdgarBrooks
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 397 posts
AeroScale: 384 posts
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2011 - 08:29 PM UTC
A gentle reminder, gentlemen, his name is Geoffrey WELLUM.
Edgar
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 - 07:16 AM UTC
Ooops, my bad Edgar, thanks for the correction.

OK Chris I will see what I can do, my wife is phoning her step father on Wednesday and I'll ask her to ask him. I know that you probably will but please do send your request with a stamped address envelope.

I hope that one day, soon (I'll be down in mullion in September) to be able to interview Geoffrey Wellum. I have met him once but cocked it up by being obviously too eager. It was at the local (Mullion) church fete and there were some vintage cars there. I was chatting to the owner of a particularly good example when Geoffrey Wellum came over. I meant to just say hello and thanks. He did shake my hand, which was an honour in itself but because of my over exuberance, I think that I put him off and he said something like, "these cars are far more interesting than me". Not true in my opinion, but I realised that he really didn't want me asking all the questions that he had probably been asked a thousand times and he really doesn't see himself as anything special. The bloke with the car gave him a ride and very soon after that he left the fete. I felt that he left early because of me so I was a little dismayed, but I did understand. Anyway, if I do get the opportunity to interview him I will apologise for my insensitivity.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 06:43 AM UTC
Hi Chris, PM on the way
 _GOTOTOP