_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
KotS GB 2011 Roland D.VIa warreni
warreni
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
AeroScale: 2,201 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 28, 2011 - 11:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Warren,
Outstanding Roland my friend.It's been a joy to follow this thread and your others as well.Once you run out of WNW kits what's next? Whatever you choose no doubts in my mind it or they will be every bit as great.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette

Hi Gregory.
Hopefully, I will have timed the running out perfectly and the late Sept/early Oct WNW release will provide me with a few more kits to keep the turn-over going. There are of course quite a few Roden kits out there I have not built yet... and I do have a few Hobby Craft Spad XIIIs on the way from Canada. I snapped up both versions as they all seem to be getting harder to get and the Hobby Craft WW1 planes have good fit as well.
May your modelling time expand three-fold
Cheers
Warren
warreni
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
AeroScale: 2,201 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 28, 2011 - 11:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

If it comes out looking as good as your models Marc I will be very happy!

OK, my turn to say that now. Just swap the Marc for Warren please
And what do you mean it took a while It was only a month and you are building more models at one time than some guys finish in a year.

My main problem at the moment is lack of modelling time. Doing 12 hour days doesn't leave you with quite as much time for modelling as when I was unemployed..
Maybe I take a few more short-cuts than some Marc. I don't paint or install stuff you will never ever see again for instance. My AMS is going more in the rigging direction at the moment. I used Ezykine for the tail-feather controls on this kit and it was relatively easy to use. I have a feeling that my usual invisible mending thread may be a little too fine for 1/32.. We will see what happens.
Thanks again
Cheers
Warren
 _GOTOTOP