_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
blackhawk color (again)
drabslab
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 2,186 posts
AeroScale: 1,587 posts
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2011 - 10:13 AM UTC
is it possible to make fs34031 starting from fs34087?

I can't find 34031 in the LHS

34087 is recommended by minicraft but it appearqs that every picture i find gives a blackhawk with much darker colors
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 - 02:35 AM UTC
34087 is OD Green and is way too light for Army helos.

FS34031 is the correct color. It is available from Testors Model Master as US Army Helo Drab in both their acrylic and enamel lines. The acrylic color is closer to the actual color. The enamel is a little too gray.

You can mix Helo Drab by adding black to OD, but it is hard to get the color right.

Good luck.
drabslab
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 2,186 posts
AeroScale: 1,587 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 - 03:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

34087 is OD Green and is way too light for Army helos.

FS34031 is the correct color. It is available from Testors Model Master as US Army Helo Drab in both their acrylic and enamel lines. The acrylic color is closer to the actual color. The enamel is a little too gray.

You can mix Helo Drab by adding black to OD, but it is hard to get the color right.

Good luck.

Thanks Gino, I knew i could count on you

I'll find the model master paint after my LHS is back from holidays

In the meantime, I have enough "work in progress" on other models to let this baby rest for some time.

But it would be brilliant to have a kind of wiki (or any other system) inside aeroscale that could be used to bring some logic into the wealth of information on this site.

I mean, with all the questions that you alone have already answered on the blackhawk on this site one could make a hell of an article on "modelling the blackhawk"
 _GOTOTOP