_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
Norwegian Seaking
CanDid
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 123 posts
AeroScale: 98 posts
Posted: Friday, August 19, 2011 - 01:01 AM UTC
Hi folks!

I am looking for decals to a 1:72 Norwegian Sea King. Does anyone have an idea on where to find such sheet?

Regards
Fredrik
windysean
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,917 posts
AeroScale: 563 posts
Posted: Friday, August 19, 2011 - 01:21 AM UTC
I like a good Google search as much as anyone, so I tried to track something down for you.
I found there is a company called Vingtor that specializes in Norwegian aircraft decals. There's a catalog here: http://flightdecs.ca/A_vingtor_72.htm on the Canadian company FlightDecs website. They don't have the Sea King-- is there a chance you can pick what you need from one of the airplane sets they offer?
A company called RarePlaneDetective sells the following:
Flying Colors Norwegian national insignia sheets
Microscale set #277 is for the 1/72 F-16 that includes Norway.
Model Decale set #29 for the 1/72 C-130 that includes RNoAF

Finally, I saw this conversation on another forum from 2008, http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=153315 where Tiger331 from the Czech Republic had the exact same question-- it appears that several kits have been released with the decals you need, and maybe someone here on Kitmaker or Aeroscale can trade.
I hope I helped!
thanks,
Sean.

EDIT: From your other post, referring to the Coast Guard, it looks like you already knew what I found. Anyway, good luck with your search! -Sean.
CanDid
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 123 posts
AeroScale: 98 posts
Posted: Friday, August 19, 2011 - 02:22 AM UTC
Hi Sean,

There seems to have been a few after market kits out there but I cannot find a retailer that have them in stock.

Thank you anyway, making a combination from a few sheets is always a solution.

Hopefully some one can give me a hint on a great local store that still keeps a decal sheet hidden on a shelf. All help on this matter is very welcome
 _GOTOTOP