_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Nieuport 28 in Ottawa.
dolly15
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 8,227 posts
AeroScale: 3,915 posts
Posted: Monday, August 22, 2011 - 11:12 PM UTC
While talking with the Canada Aviation and Space Museum director in Ottawa
yesterday I have learned that my Nieuport diorama is now on display for public viewing in the main lobby of the museum.
The other three will be available for viewing later this year ,when the fourth one that I am working on now is received by them ,and they then will be able to figure out how to display my entire collection of 1/16th scale aircraft dioramas.Needless to say I am extremely proud and happy !
dolly15
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Monday, August 22, 2011 - 11:30 PM UTC
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 - 01:25 AM UTC
It was bound for recognition John.
vulkanizer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 144 posts
AeroScale: 109 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 - 01:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

am extremely proud and happy !

Museum in Ottawa can bee proud & happy to have work like this
lcarroll
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,032 posts
AeroScale: 1,025 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 - 01:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

While talking with the Canada Aviation and Space Museum director in Ottawa
yesterday I have learned that my Nieuport diorama is now on display for public viewing in the main lobby of the museum.
The other three will be available for viewing later this year ,when the fourth one that I am working on now is received by them ,and they then will be able to figure out how to display my entire collection of 1/16th scale aircraft dioramas.Needless to say I am extremely proud and happy !

John,
I visited Ottawa less then two weeks ago; had I known I would have included the CAS Museum in my itinerary and seen your work first hand. I'll certainly do so next summer; it's an annual thing to visit my Step Son and I havn't been to the Museum for several years. Found it frightening as an airframe I logged many the hour on is on display!?
Congratulations on the recognition; kind brings your latest threads into perspective.

Cheers,
Lance
dolly15
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 - 02:39 AM UTC
Thanks guys you will never know how much your kind words mean to me and especially you Stephen who encouraged me on right from the beginning !
dolly15
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 - 04:51 AM UTC

Here are a few pics of the interior !
dolly15
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 - 05:19 AM UTC
I am basically happy with the way it turned out but in my opinion it is the weakest in storyline of all my dioramas.This piece was originally destined for a classroom at the museum. I thought that a teacher-student theme would be appropriate.Because the teacher would be there to explain what was going on to the students, the storyline was not quite so important to me .
As it turns out now none of my dios are destined for the classroom but are all going to the floor of the museum instead.I tried to improve the storyline by using a little dramatic lighting and this was the result.
 _GOTOTOP