_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
Super Detailind a Black Hawk
Audren_Dbo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
KitMaker: 69 posts
AeroScale: 11 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 - 10:04 AM UTC
Hi to everyone!

I'm collecting material for build a "super" detailed (modest super detailed sounds better, not so super in realy, but will be a challenge to me)

I'm most concentrated in build a gorgeous look model than a faithful model of the real thing. My intention is do something similar to the Hawks used by the 160th SOAR.

The base kit is the Academy 2217 AH-60L DAP, and I buy the Eduards exterior and interior sets for MH-60G to detail them.
I know the dashboard will be wrong, but buying the Cobra Company set will encumber much my budget, and like I said, my focus isn't the perfectionism.

I already have these publications:
Osprey NV 116 - UH-60 Black Hanwk
Squadron 5519 Walk Around - UH-60 Black Hawk
WWP Aircraft in Detail #1 - UH-60 Black Hawk
and dozens of photos from the internet.

What I need is photos from the transmission and air condition systems (ahead the main rotor); The transmission axle to the tail rotor section(opened for maintenance/repair); and the most complicated, a photo of one Hawk with the AN/APQ-174 radar with the electronic bay opened (this maybe be impossible to find).

If anyone has any kind of material related to any type or variant of Black Hawk helos (especially SOAR) and can send me ([email protected]), I will apreciate soo much.

I hope anyone can help me in this journey. Thanks in advance!!!

Dbó.
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 - 02:04 PM UTC
This post may help you out with some referance pics.

The 160th SOAR in Op Gothic Serpent (Somalia) thread will help with how they are outfitted.

A couple things you may want to get are the Cobra Company SOAR decals and stencils, which are in the proper OD Green, as opposed to the nasty Academy yellow decals.

Also, Werner's Wings is very close to putting out a set of 160th SOAR decals as well.

I would really recommend the Cobra Company resin upgrade sets. They are well worth the money and add a lot to the details and accuracy.

Here is my MH-60L DAP that I used the Cobra Company sets on.

Build log.

Good luck with it and be sure to post some pics when you get started.
 _GOTOTOP