_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Help request - Polish aviation research
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 25, 2011 - 03:05 AM UTC
Aeroscale member requesting help.

"Hi Stephen,
as you know the Aeroscalers much better than I do I would like to ask you if you know any American student or an employee of the US university? Why, you ask? I just found a great book which is digitalized on Hathi Trust Digital Library and available for free download but only for the US students (some univeristy ID's are required for loging). Well, I don't have it. The book is especially interesting for me as it is the memoir of Lt. Kenneth Murray, an American volunteer who fought against Bloshewiks in 1920 in the Polish Air Forces in 7th Kosciuszko Squadron. It is simply impossible to get in Poland in any form, the only edition which I found is from 1932. I found it on Amazon but its too expensive. Now I found an opportunity to read it.

If you know anybody please let me know.

Kind regards,
Michal Sindera"
MajorPeedoff
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 10 posts
AeroScale: 9 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 25, 2011 - 01:16 PM UTC
I may be able to help.

My nephew is at college, but not one of the ones listed.

Here is a link to the book.

You can read it online, page by page.

http://hdl.handle.net/2027/mdp.39015023949715

I was able to make individual PDFs of each page, but there may be a limit to that.

Rob stewart
Mecenas
KitMaker: 1,596 posts
AeroScale: 1,275 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 25, 2011 - 07:36 PM UTC
Hi guys,
actually I could write this post myself but anyway Stephen many thanks!

That's the book what I'm looking for and which I want to download from the same source. I already try to read it on-line but it's a bit difficult for me. It's not the english which I know from school so reading it takes me more time than usually Beside I have to often look to the dictionary for specific words. That's why I wanted to print it myself and read like an ordinary book (makes some notes on the margin, then read again for better understanding etc.).
 _GOTOTOP