_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
Got a question about Soviet rotorcraft
maxmwill
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 334 posts
AeroScale: 291 posts
Posted: Friday, August 26, 2011 - 09:10 PM UTC
While there have been models of Mil and Kamov helicopters, have there ever been any models, production or scratchbuilt, of Bratukin helicopters?
Buckeye198
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 596 posts
AeroScale: 197 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 27, 2011 - 05:55 PM UTC
Model companies seem to rarely make models of any vehicle of which less than 50 were produced. In Bratukhin's case, this would mean virtually all of his designs. This seems to be the only thing I could find, kit or scratchbuilt. It looks like everything that company makes is all about the unusual, barely-produced, or paper-only designs of various nations (mostly Luft'46). Give it a look if you want to...not like you'll be able to turn anywhere else Hope that helps you out a bit!
maxmwill
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
Posted: Sunday, August 28, 2011 - 06:52 AM UTC
Well, it does. Never knew Unicraft even exited. Saw some old friends at the site, along with some possible new ones. I wish they'd've offered a model of the Bich 7, of which I built a couple flying models of, one in peanut scale, and one of 1/5 scale. Both flew right off the drawing board with no adjustments needed.

I worked at one FBO on a Hiller 12, a former H23B model. Do you know if any model outfits have on in 1/48 scale. I know there are a number of Bell 47's, but have yet to see any of the Hillers, and there were a lot more of those built. One was even in a Bond movie.
Buckeye198
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 596 posts
AeroScale: 197 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 28, 2011 - 02:55 PM UTC
Honestly, I didn't know about Unicraft before I searched this for you, but I will almost certainly buy a kit or two from them now! I can't help you out with the Hellers though...this was all I could find. Sorry about that
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 28, 2011 - 04:28 PM UTC
The only Hiller H-23 kit I know of is the Special Hobby 1/72 kit from about 10 years ago. I agree that it's a needed kit in 1/48.
maxmwill
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
Posted: Sunday, August 28, 2011 - 11:48 PM UTC
S'ok, I understand completely. And yeah, I'm gonna be ordering from them in the not too distant future, myself. I do like some of those old Soviet types.
maxmwill
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
Posted: Monday, August 29, 2011 - 12:17 AM UTC
I went back to the site and looked at their newest offerings. A Cessna helicopter in 1/72 is among them. I never knew Cessna even thought of building a helicopter until I got hired at this one FBO, back in the late 80's, and in amongst the old manuals of various crop dusters and trainers, there was an IPM for the Cessna. That little jewel looks pretty nifty. Kinda reminiscent of the Airmaster in a way. From the look of it, it has the blowsy look of something from GM during the same time frame. The model featured could be done up in civilian or Army colors.
 _GOTOTOP