_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft: Contests
A monthly online photo contest. Show your work!
Model of the Month (MOM) September Contest.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Monday, September 05, 2011 - 07:07 AM UTC
Post your 3 pictures for the September Model of the Month competition HERE.
Post your, single, picture for voting purposes HERE
Rules for the new Model of the Month. Please read before posting
1. Entries must be of your own work.
2. The model must be of an aircraft.
3. The model can be in any scale and in any medium.
4. The model can be “out of the box”, scratch built, or anything in between.
5. The model must be finished within the month for which it is entered. The model could have been started some time before the MOM for which it is entered, it is the month in which it is actually finished that counts. So if it isn't finished this month it may be ready for next month or the month after
6. 1 picture is to be uploaded into the relevant gallery and titled with what the model is of, I.E. VS Spitfire Mk Vc. No composites. This picture must be of just the model, no base. (For a model posed in the "in Flight" configuration" a small stand is allowed which can be used to either support the model or as a counter weight. A beaching dolly can be used for a float plane. A model of a crashed aircraft on a simple base is allowed. This, simple, base can only be of groundwork, no vehicles, trees, fences etc or figures are allowed, but items off the aircraft are (such as wheels).
7. A thread will be opened in the general aircraft forum in which you MUST add up to 3 further pictures and you MAY add details about the build. The model can appear on a base or even in a diorama in this thread. Pictures must not be larger than 800 pixels wide, in either the gallery or the information thread. If you wish to post further pictures then open your own thread.
8. Pictures of models can be placed in the gallery from the first of the month until the penultimate day of the month (the next to last day) (see “5” above). (This is to avoid the time zone difference, I'm working on GMT)
9. Voting will take place over the first half of the next month, closing on the 16th. (This will be between 18.00 and 00.01 GMT)
10. A member winning one month cannot win the following month.
11. Dragon is sponsoring this from June 2007.
12. Staff members of the Kitmaker group of sites cannot enter.
13. The rules will be added to when and if it is deemed necessary.
14. Any none compliance with these rules may result in disqualification.
15. Ignorance of these rules is not an excuse for not abiding by them.
pbhawkin
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 179 posts
AeroScale: 170 posts
Posted: Friday, September 09, 2011 - 10:49 PM UTC
Here is my entry.
It is another 1/144 conversion from a F-toys Ju88 with new crew cockpit, tail and extended wing tips. Also addded the 'Hohenteil" surface search radar and custom decals.

Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 05:29 AM UTC
Did anyone expect me not to enter the DC-7?

windysean
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,917 posts
AeroScale: 563 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 06:12 AM UTC
Yikes! Those are both very good, but I'll enter another to help fill the field.

This is an Academy 1/72 TBF-1, built for the Midway Campaign with some minor modifications to the kit and aftermarket decals...
IMG_1146
IMG_1148
IMG_1149

thanks,
Sean.
Middle_Franconian
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 279 posts
AeroScale: 239 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 - 09:08 AM UTC
I add some Luft 46 to the September menu.

1:72 Revell Horten Go-229. Started as Blitzbau in July but finished in September... Here is the buildlog:
1:72 Revell Horten Go 229 "Blitzbau"

Servus,

Sebastian
Gelerth
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wojewodztwo Mazowieckie, Poland
KitMaker: 169 posts
AeroScale: 31 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2011 - 08:03 AM UTC
Here is my entry:
1:32 Tamiya F-4D Phantom II, model is OOB.

litespeed
Staff MemberNews Reporter
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,976 posts
AeroScale: 1,789 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2011 - 09:23 AM UTC
Hi Gelerth.
Great looking Phantom, but I don't think your photo submissions will be allowed because of the base, see rule 6.1 below.

6. 1 picture is to be uploaded into the relevant gallery and titled with what the model is of, I.E. VS Spitfire Mk Vc. No composites. This picture must be of just the model, no base. (For a model posed in the "in Flight" configuration" a small stand is allowed which can be used to either support the model or as a counter weight. A beaching dolly can be used for a float plane. A model of a crashed aircraft on a simple base is allowed. This, simple, base can only be of groundwork, no vehicles, trees, fences etc or figures are allowed, but items off the aircraft are (such as wheels).

Gelerth it would be worth your while to retake some images without the base and resubmit. Take a look at how the other entrants have photographed their entries. Hope this helps
All the best.
tim
flyboy92187
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 199 posts
AeroScale: 150 posts
Posted: Friday, September 16, 2011 - 07:52 AM UTC
Here is mine: a 1/72 Hasegawa F-15C. I started this one for the Cold War campaign, but the nose cone was not right at all. So, Hasegawa sent me a replacement, and this sat in the stash of unbuilts. But I decided that I should finish some of my partial builds. It is built OOB, except for the ejection seat handle, which was stretched sprue bent around and ca'd. Thanks for looking!!!

Gelerth
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wojewodztwo Mazowieckie, Poland
KitMaker: 169 posts
AeroScale: 31 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 17, 2011 - 10:02 AM UTC
I cannot edit my previous post so please delete it.

Here is my entry:
1:32 Tamiya F-4D Phantom II, model is OOB.

pbhawkin
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, September 22, 2011 - 11:51 PM UTC
Here is my second entry for this month.
A 1/144 (what else!) resin model of a Bristol Beaufort Mk.VIII that I cast and mold myself.
Cockpit has instruments, seat, harness, throttles, control column and observers area has 'dickie' seat, instruments and bomb sight.

flyboy92187
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 199 posts
AeroScale: 150 posts
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2011 - 04:43 AM UTC
Okay, I did not think I would finish this one this month, but with 4 of my last 6 days off, I kinda plowed through it... Boss said I had to use my paid vacation within the next month... So, I refuse to complain. I built this for the OOB campaign, and it is the 1/48 Tamiya wildcat. She is dressed up with the prescribed tamiya paints, pre and post shaded, flory washed, and finished with lifecolor flat (I like waaaay better then model master)

(Color probably looks a bit jacked up because I have a new lamp... and my camera sucks.)
Czarny
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Krakow, Poland
KitMaker: 68 posts
AeroScale: 62 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2011 - 12:07 PM UTC
My entry:

Hasegawa F/A-18C in Kuwait Air Force markings. I've made it OOB with only Quickboost seat as an extra addition. Decals are mix of Aeromaster and HiDecal Line

Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2011 - 07:49 PM UTC
To clarify the ruling on bases:

7. A thread will be opened in the general aircraft forum in which you MUST add up to 3 further pictures and you MAY add details about the build. The model can appear on a base or even in a diorama in this thread. Pictures must not be larger than 800 pixels wide, in either the gallery or the information thread. If you wish to post further pictures then open your own thread.

So in the MOM thread itself the model can be on a base or even on a diorama and yo must add 3 pictures. However in the actual contest gallery the model must be on it's own.

The reasons behind this are that the thread pictures allow you to show off deatails about the complete build and if you want it on a base when it is completed that isn't a problem. The single picture in the gallery is for voting purposes so it needs to be just of the model other wise the base/diorama is being judged as well. As this is as much a photo competition as a model competition (by the very nature of it), then things like bases can add an unfair advantage.

So the original post by Przemek here is fine and as he has posted a picture of just the model in the gallery everything is legal however Czarny has posted a picture, in the gallery, with his model on a base which will be disqualified. I will hold off the voting for 3 days for him to change it.

Czarny
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Krakow, Poland
KitMaker: 68 posts
AeroScale: 62 posts
Posted: Monday, October 03, 2011 - 09:30 AM UTC
The photo in the gallery was changed. Than you for additional time to repair it.
eclarson
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 171 posts
AeroScale: 166 posts
Posted: Friday, October 07, 2011 - 02:24 AM UTC
Sooo...when do we get to vote?

This month's contest is going to be quite a tough one with so many outstanding entries.

I have no earthly idea how I'm going to pick just one to vote for!

Cheers,
Eric
windysean
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,917 posts
AeroScale: 563 posts
Posted: Friday, October 07, 2011 - 06:05 AM UTC
Mal must be busy.
I'm about ready to post an October entry, especially having seen the September competition!
-Sean H.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, October 07, 2011 - 08:42 PM UTC
Sorry Guys I'm working on it I can't get into the admin area at the moment. It's in hand but the October contest will be a bit late (clearly) but that doesn't really affect anything, the vote for September however will be extended by the number of days that it's late starting.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, October 13, 2011 - 06:40 AM UTC
Hang in there, it still isn't possible to start the voting but I hope that it won't be long
pbhawkin
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2011 - 09:01 AM UTC
So, has voting for Sep closed now that it is Nov 1?
 _GOTOTOP