Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Express Masking for Ju87 B2 from Hasegawa
SS-74
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 05:17 AM UTC
Hi any of you experts know a source for masking for canopy of Ju87B2 1/48 from Hasegawa? Thanks.
tek2
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 156 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 06:00 AM UTC
Hi SS-74
Try here :
http://www.eduard.cz/
go to Products, then Express Masks, now aircraft. Choose 1/48 scale, and then go to about page 32. I think it's just what your looking for.
good luck!
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 07:12 AM UTC
:-) Dave, use Parafilm-M, just as easy and alot cheaper
Mal
SS-74
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Vatican City
Posted: Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 09:04 PM UTC
Thanks guys for the feed back. Just wonder if B2 and R2 using the same canopy, or is there any Stuka using the same canopy as the B2? thanks.
tek2
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 156 posts
Posted: Friday, October 03, 2003 - 04:11 AM UTC
General SS-74
Only some research will answer that question. I suggest you go on-line and find out.
Good Luck
stugiiif
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,434 posts
AeroScale: 403 posts
Posted: Friday, October 03, 2003 - 04:19 AM UTC
Dave yes the B2 and R2 use the same every thing!!!the R2 was B2 with extra fuel for long flights over the desert. Also some engine changes were done for the different climate. The Canopy changed with the D models along with the engine cowling whent the oil coolers were moved under the wings. Note on the D-5 the wings were lengthed as well. The G1 with the 37mm cannons was based off the D-3 and the G2 was based off the D-5. HTH STUG
SS-74
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Vatican City
Posted: Friday, October 03, 2003 - 04:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Dave yes the B2 and R2 use the same every thing!!!the R2 was B2 with extra fuel for long flights over the desert. Also some engine changes were done for the different climate. The Canopy changed with the D models along with the engine cowling whent the oil coolers were moved under the wings. Note on the D-5 the wings were lengthed as well. The G1 with the 37mm cannons was based off the D-3 and the G2 was based off the D-5. HTH STUG

Thanks Stug for the clear answer, appreciate that. Dude.
Wad_ware
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 537 posts
AeroScale: 437 posts
Posted: Friday, October 03, 2003 - 10:40 AM UTC
Hi,
I just completed that aircraft and used the eduard express mask and it worked great.
I ordered mine from Roll Models. If you order direct from eduard their shipping is really high because they are out of the country. You can get this mask from Roll Models, if I remember correctly, for about 3 or 4 dollars plus a little bit of shipping.
If you havn't got past this point yet I highly reccomend the eduard photo etch set for the JU87B if you are into PE. There are a couple different priced sets but go for the larger set. If not that, then go for the eduard prepainted 'zoom' PE for the cockpit details. This comes with prepainted seat belts for the pilot and gunner seat, levers and other good stuff for the cockpit. The seat belts look GREAT. Check out the pics of my completed Stuka on my website. That will give you a good idea of what they look like. I have a good shot of the pilots seat and the harnesses. Just click on my pic below this post.
If interested try either squadron.com or roll models for the PE sets and mask. The mask you are looking for I couldn't find at squadron but roll models had it.

Good Luck, good modeling and send in pics,
Wayne
thenamshow
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 104 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 10:40 AM UTC
um..... masking tape that work good but it takes time
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 1,941 posts
AeroScale: 1,040 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 01:07 AM UTC
I used Scotch Magic Tape and worked fine.
 _GOTOTOP