_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
On Vacation??? for a While
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,117 posts
AeroScale: 2,270 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 07, 2011 - 10:52 AM UTC
Hello good folk.

I have been absent for about a month and I wont be back at the modeling desk for at least another month. My mother in law is getting old, and is having trouble caring for herself. She will be moving into our home, along with my sister in law, all the way from Hawai'i. I have been remodeling their bedrooms, one of which which was my modeling room for the last seven years. The other room was our office and computer room. Out of neccessity, I am moving my modeling room and stash downstairs to my man-cave. Unfortunatly, it has no walls, electricity, or lighting. Needles to say, I have been really busy remodeling two rooms and adding another two rooms in the basement. But I am finally seeing progress.

I have been looking in at all the wonderful builds going on here, but I have not been commenting much because I am really, really tired by the time I sit down and open up the site. I am thinking about all my friends here, and I will be back as soon as I can get everything going again.

JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 07, 2011 - 11:01 AM UTC
Hi Carl,

Glad you can help with your family. Sorry it is necessary. We'll leave the lights on until you can return!
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 07, 2011 - 11:07 AM UTC
I totally understand that Carl. Just finally got my mother-in-law into a full time nursing home yesterday. We are reclaiming her bedroom to begin so reasssigning rooms and the start of more remodeling projects for the house. Family always comes first and let me add I am very happy to hear that you back is not giving you the problems it did once. Thanks for checking in with us your regular input is missed. So uh . . .Remodel On!?
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
AeroScale: 289 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 07, 2011 - 11:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

....Out of neccessity, I am moving my modeling room and stash downstairs to my man-cave. Unfortunatly, it has no walls, electricity, or lighting.

I have the whole basement to myself and love it.....my basement has walls though...you guys over there build some weird basements!
Check the breaker box for any unused spots and add new breakers for what you'd need for basement modeling room power and lighting from there - two 15amp should do it - run some romex or conduit and some outlet boxes and your good!
lcarroll
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,032 posts
AeroScale: 1,025 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 08, 2011 - 03:58 AM UTC
Carl,
I can't believe the number of us that are remodeling and/or renovating. Me too; hope it all comes together for you real soon. Keep us updated, I also enjoy your inputs and hopefully you can drop in the odd comment so we don't worry you've done an Immelman off a ladder or something similar! Be careful and look forward to your return.
Last, I've often fantasized about relocating my modelling set up; take this as a positive opportunity to set up your space to eliminate all of the inevitable short comings from before and get it exactly as you want it.
Cheers,
Lance
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,117 posts
AeroScale: 2,270 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 11:37 AM UTC
Thanks good folk. I have the M-I-L room finished. I just have some furniture to move in when I can wrangle up some help. S-I-L's room is on hiatus until the wallpaper comes in next week. Then some chair rail and furniture moving and my work upstairs is complete. My stash is moved downstairs and packed onto the shelf units. All my model supplies and equipment is downstairs and moved out of the way. I have started framing in my new workshop, and got an estimate from the electrician. I have lined up help from both sons to put up the drywall while I am sitting upstairs sipping tea. Life is good.
 _GOTOTOP