_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
tamiya lancaster -please help
jhutchi
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 88 posts
AeroScale: 73 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 05, 2011 - 09:30 PM UTC
Hi all

I have recently acquired a 1:48 scale tamiya lancaster and there is a piece of the undercarriage missing. The piece is a17. Has anyone built this model 'wheels up' and not used this piece? If so could i have it off of you please?
Any help much appreciated

Thanks
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 05, 2011 - 10:09 PM UTC
Hi James

Have you tried contacting Tamiya for a replacement?

All the best

Rowan
redcap
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 753 posts
AeroScale: 311 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 06, 2011 - 12:26 AM UTC
Hi Rowan,

Have you tried contacting Tamiya or getting their parts recently? I tried in vain via Tamiya UK, Europe and even HLJ to get some spare parts and I clearly stated I wanted to BUY them for a 1/32 F-15 that were missing from a kit I bought second hand. Result = Zilch! not even a reply other than from HLJ who had the common courtesy to reply and advised that they could not assist because they were still recovering from the (then) fairly recent earthquake damage earlier this year; which was perfectly reasonable. Fortunately a fellow modeller came up trumps and to my assistance. If my (recent 2011) experience is anything to go by, I politely suggest that as a starting point, James will hopefully have more luck appealing to the good nature and kindness of his fellow hobbyists on this site.

Gary
Tomcat31
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,828 posts
AeroScale: 1,720 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 06, 2011 - 12:30 AM UTC
Tamiya (The Hobby Company - UK) would be a no go. From experience they will only sell you the entire sprue for the missing part

I only managed to get round it as both me and another customer of the LHS both needed different parts of the same kit so they ordered a kit and gave me the sprue I needed and the same for the other.

Could you not scratch build the part?
redcap
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 753 posts
AeroScale: 311 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 06, 2011 - 01:46 AM UTC
(QUOTE) - Tamiya (The Hobby Company - UK) would be a no go. From experience they will only sell you the entire sprue for the missing part *********

Hi Allen, Yes it was a full sprue I asked for - "J" Clear Parts... and result was the same!

Gary

Speedipousrex
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2 posts
AeroScale: 1 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 06, 2011 - 02:26 AM UTC
As a last resort you could try Scale Aircraft Conversions replacement metal undercarriage Part SAC48043. I used it after mine got destroyed when in transit.
Rick
 _GOTOTOP