_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
WNW Flat Rigging Thread
lcarroll
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,032 posts
AeroScale: 1,025 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 - 03:35 AM UTC
I just recieved an EMail from Wingnut Wings on new releases which included elastic "RAF Flat Rigging Thread".
I havn't seen any Reviews or comments on this product; anyone have any info on it or is it brand new and an "unknown" product at this point?

Cheers,
Lance
warreni
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
AeroScale: 2,201 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 - 04:52 AM UTC
Hi Lance.

If I am not mistaken it is just what they call sew-in elastic. I ordered some through Ebay but haven't tried it as yet.

I got some of the Ezyline stuff but I am not impressed with it as the diameter of it varies all the time. I normally use Invisible Mending Thread painted with Tamiya XF-56 for my rigging as it is cheap and looks the part.

Cheers
Warren
lcarroll
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,032 posts
AeroScale: 1,025 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 - 05:25 AM UTC
Warren,
I now recall your comments on one of your Build Threads regarding the inconsistent diameters; did you also mention an EMail to WNW and if so what the response was?
I use various diameters of Monofil fishing line painted with a grey or metallic enamel which works well however the flat profile is something I'd like to get. (not impressed with the PE version)
Thanks for the quick insight, hopefully some supplier will come up with a better quality product.

Cheers,
Lance
 _GOTOTOP