Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Trying my hand at a 1/32 scale FW190A5
Thunderthud
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 82 posts
AeroScale: 47 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 13, 2011 - 05:19 PM UTC
I've Been itching to get back to plastics and recently picked up Hasegawa's FolkeWulf FW190 A-5 "Herman Graf," and was wondering what are my options on "after Market" detailing goodies. I would love some feed back on this before I start the build.

Thanks !
Joe.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2011 - 07:44 AM UTC
Hi Joe,
I have this kit and I have been planning on doing a mask set for the Herman Graf markings. There are a number of pictures out there showing different configurations of the "tulip" pattern and with and without the yellow under nose panel. I haven't yet researched further than that.
Automaton
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 153 posts
AeroScale: 139 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 17, 2011 - 03:42 PM UTC
Hi Joe; One bit of aftermarket for this kit that I find interesting is Eagle Editions' high-altitude supercharger intakes . . .

http://www.eagle-editions.com/ep55.htm

. . . which will allow you to depict Graf's mount after it was modified (at which point it was in the even more flamboyant yellow/tulip nose livery).

HTH;

Automaton
Thunderthud
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 82 posts
AeroScale: 47 posts
Posted: Friday, November 18, 2011 - 04:12 PM UTC
Hello Mal and Automaton,
Yes I know about the Eagle Editions High altitude super chargewr intakes. I was planning on purchasing them and some of there other tid bits for the kit. I'll start a build thread when I have aquired all the stuff I need .

thanks
Joe
 _GOTOTOP