_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
My Trumpeter 1/32 Growler.
Paintman1
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 61 posts
AeroScale: 12 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 24, 2011 - 07:38 AM UTC
Hey everyone, here is a few pics of my F-18 EA-18G Growler! It's almost done. Still have a little bit to do.

IMG]http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww9/Paintman1_2008/001.jpg[/IMG]

SgtRam
Staff MemberEditor-at-Large
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
AeroScale: 511 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 24, 2011 - 10:22 AM UTC
Nice looking bird. Nice paint, I like the minimal weathering and light panel lines. My only observation is the black coming from the vents, a little too dark for my liking.

Great build!
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 24, 2011 - 05:06 PM UTC
Hello Bill,
Looking good out the box, nice paint and weathering. I noticed you eliminated the center low band ALQ-99 pod.

So what is your impression of the overall kit, any major fit problems, large gaps and so forth.

I need to get off my butt and start making the conversion parts for this kit, all three ALQ-99 pods need reshaping and the missing antennas along the rear side fuselage. Again great job!!!

Happy Modeling,
Joe
Paintman1
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 61 posts
AeroScale: 12 posts
Posted: Friday, November 25, 2011 - 04:09 PM UTC
Thank's for the kind words guys Joe, the build went very smooth, and I did'nt really have any issues with the way it went together. The parts really fit well, the only place I used a little putty was on the back lower sides uf the fuse, where the Navy decals are. That was because I did'nt like the seam line in that area.All in all it was a fun build, and I know there is a few things missing, but they did'nt come in the kit and I'm not really concerned about them. I'm pretty new to the Military models scene. I have been a civilian vehicle builder, hot rods, race cars, trucks, etc... I'm learning as I go with aircraft kits, and I must say, it is fun! I don't know what I have been missing all these years lol!

Happy modeling

Bill
 _GOTOTOP