_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
KA-6D Intruder Tanker
The-Mechanic
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 103 posts
AeroScale: 46 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 07, 2011 - 01:01 AM UTC
Hi All

I know I've been a bit quiet on here for a while, but modelling has been a bit slow recently. There are a few projects that are keeping me busy when i have the time to work on them.

Anyhow, this is the one I have just finished a couple of days ago. It's an Italeri KA-6D Intruder Tanker in 1/72nd scale that I picked up at a show a couple of years back. Started building it about six or seven months back, then it was sidelined for a few months whilst other things were going on. About five or six weeks back I decided to get it back out and complete it.

The model is out of the box, but the ejector seats are from True Detail as one of the kit seats was incomplete. Paints used are Xtracrylix, Humbrol enamels, Tamiya and Revell. Weathering was done with Promodeller washes, my own paint mix and Carr's powders.

Hope you like it.

Mick

compositeguru
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 51 posts
AeroScale: 31 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 07, 2011 - 11:23 AM UTC
Nice work Mick. I saw it in the flesh at the last club meet.

Keep up the good work.
The-Mechanic
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 12:23 AM UTC
Cheers Matt

Will you be down MK centre on Saturday? Planning to meet up with Richard and I'm bringing Kyran with me too.
vertigo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 388 posts
AeroScale: 225 posts
Posted: Friday, December 09, 2011 - 05:07 AM UTC
That is something to be proud of, it looks great and weathered just right. I like the orange and black scheme as well.

How did you find the kit? I've been thinking of picking up one of these.
The-Mechanic
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, December 09, 2011 - 08:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

That is something to be proud of, it looks great and weathered just right. I like the orange and black scheme as well.

How did you find the kit? I've been thinking of picking up one of these.

Generally, the kit went together okay, but you need to be careful with the wing hinges though, they break easily. There are a few parts shown on the instructions that were not supplied with my kit, they were not even shown in the sprue diagrams. I was also one of the front gear wheels missing, so I cast one in resin to replace it.

But I enjoyed the build and glad I've finally finished it.
 _GOTOTOP