_GOTOBOTTOM
Cold War (1950-1974)
Discuss the aircraft modeling subjects during the Cold War period.
Hosted by Tim Hatton
NEWS
1/48 : Airfix Lightning F2A/6
litespeed
Staff MemberNews Reporter
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,976 posts
AeroScale: 1,789 posts
Posted: Friday, December 09, 2011 - 07:48 AM UTC
Although it has been common knowledge that Airfix would be re releasing their 1/48 English Electric Lightning F2A/6, Airfix have confirmed the very welcome news by inviting pre orders for the kit. For us that missed this kit and Eduards re incarnation this is a great opportunity to add a bit more insulation in the roof space.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Navyelephant
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 28 posts
AeroScale: 9 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 01:21 AM UTC
Airfix have been advertising this release and others, e.g. Lynx Mk 7 and Mk 8 etc. in 1/48th for a very long time without every shipping anything. I am beginning to think that this is not a very clever tactic on their behalf. It creates doubt in their ability to build and ship new releases.

That said, their efforts to create good 1/48th kits is to be commended, e.g. its recent run of 1/48th release such as the Seafire, Spitfire Me109 etc. More of this please. Airfix, please reduce the time between advertising a product and letting us get hold of it.
litespeed
Staff MemberNews Reporter
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,976 posts
AeroScale: 1,789 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 14, 2011 - 11:25 AM UTC
H Robert
I have seen that the Airfix Lightning has been advertised for sale on some of the more well known net shops in the UK over the last couple of days. Just bought one myself. Its going to be tough deciding what scheme to do:|
All the best.
tim
 _GOTOTOP