_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Eduard Pre-Painted cockpit PE
monkybutt
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 381 posts
AeroScale: 23 posts
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2011 - 08:41 AM UTC
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a bunch of Eduard's PE sets for a 1/48 B-24D I have at home. Among these sets was the cockpit interior which comes with self-adhesive, pre-painted instrument panels.

The detail is fine, but when it comes to the green bse color, it is quite grainy, with discernable tiny dots of red, brown, green and black, like the printing on a newspaper, just enlarged.

Is this normal for Eduard's pre-painted PE sets? One would think that it would just be a solid green color...

Thanks,

Andrew
GhostHawk
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Cordoba, Argentina
KitMaker: 268 posts
AeroScale: 264 posts
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2011 - 10:13 AM UTC
Hello Adrew...

I do not know if this is normal, I´m new on this of the "aftermarket" stuff...

But, I buy some ones in this two years or so, prepainted and SA too...

They are cool, but some times, the paint do not match perfect whit the rest of the cockpit paint (srayed by me); Or the the PE paint is much more glossy than I spect for, too much for my likes...

Well, the solution I found is...

1) Take a litlle beat of courage, and sprays a very tinny and light coat of acrylic color ( the same than your interior, Zinc-crome or black for example); & let it dry a few...

2) After that, take a samll woody of balsa, sharply pointed... And wet on water and alcohol mixture... ( you must find "your" blend) And rub the uper surface of the details, especially the color ones like placards or so... Be carefully and use a magnifier lens...!

3) After let it dry at all... Spray a Satin or matt coat of barnish to all...

4) Whit the controls back side mounted and glued... Use a very small brush to put a drop of Future or Clear Gloss Coat from Humbrol, to get the glass like finnish...

5) Enjoy your "Paint Trimed" Color PE...!!!!

_GOTOTOP