G4M1 1/48 dio
gbr-22
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 8 posts
AeroScale: 6 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 04:21 AM UTC
Hi Aeroscalers!

I'd like to show you my finished 1/48 Tamiya Betty dio..The project took almost 20 months to finish and all I can say is that I thoroughly enjoyed it!!

And some more..

Hope you like it..

Cheers,

Panagiotis.
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 06:42 AM UTC
Thats worthy of a feature. Do you have pictures of the build in-progress? I'd love to be able to put that on the front page to let even more people see it.
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
AeroScale: 3,756 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 10:06 AM UTC
That is a beautiful piece of work. The scratch additions and damage are very nicely done, and the whole scene comes together very well with the vehicles and crew.

Cheers, D
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 04:38 PM UTC
Salute, Panagiotis,

Outstanding work, a diorama worthy of Shep Paine!

How did you make the ruptured fuselage top? Plastic or aluminum foil, wine bottle foil..?

The weathering is great. The groundcrew has a job on their hands.

I look forward to your next submission!
dioman13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,184 posts
AeroScale: 54 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 02:50 AM UTC
Hey Panagiotis, This is fantastic, beautifully done and well executed. Some of your pics make you think you are looking at the real thing. Exceptional build all around. The battle damage is great and the interior with the figure inside is top notch. Your weathered paint job is one of the best I've seen, looks like the pics I've seen of sand and coral prop blasted planes The whole dio interacts and the story is there. I hope that when I do my Dautlas it comes out somewhere half as good. Thanks for sharing this beautiful dio with us, you should be very happy with this one. This is what we all hope to achive when building ours. Just wonder how the pilot got it back to base in that condition, .
gbr-22
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 8 posts
AeroScale: 6 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 05:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey Panagiotis, This is fantastic, beautifully done and well executed. Some of your pics make you think you are looking at the real thing. Exceptional build all around. The battle damage is great and the interior with the figure inside is top notch. Your weathered paint job is one of the best I've seen, looks like the pics I've seen of sand and coral prop blasted planes The whole dio interacts and the story is there. I hope that when I do my Dautlas it comes out somewhere half as good. Thanks for sharing this beautiful dio with us, you should be very happy with this one. This is what we all hope to achive when building ours. Just wonder how the pilot got it back to base in that condition, .

Thank you very much for your comments guys!!
The wrecked panel at the top fuselage is from aluminum sheet, was sprayed alclad ,then hair sprayed and on top with Mitsubishi interior.The green was heavily chipped with the help of the hairspray coat..The same painting procedure was done on the whole model...

Jessica, where do I send the photos???

GastonMarty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 595 posts
AeroScale: 507 posts
Posted: Monday, December 19, 2011 - 04:04 AM UTC

What a marvel... My only comment is on the ''sit" of the model: Maybe I was looking at more derelict photos of one, but the tailwheel seem a little tall, pushing the tail ''up'' a little: I could be very wrong mind you, as this is just an impression...

Fantastic work!

Gaston
 _GOTOTOP