_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
hobbycraft
kablitzer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 23 posts
AeroScale: 10 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 09:43 AM UTC
Hi there.can anyone tell me what hobbycraft kit's are like to build?(eg.level of detail, accuracy,quality,ect.)I'me sure there fine,but i've never read a review on there models . Thank's for reading
mick
Tomcat31
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,828 posts
AeroScale: 1,720 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 10:29 AM UTC
Only two reviews here on Kitmaker

Hobbycraft Reviews
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
AeroScale: 3,756 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 10:34 AM UTC
Hi Mick.

I've built a couple of Hobbycraft kits recently, with mixed experiences. I built the 1/48 F-82 for the P-51 Campaign, and if you want to see the drama unfold it starts about half way down THIS PAGE . You will need to go through a few pages to see the whole story, but suffice to say this kit is a DOG !!

On the other side of the coin was the Sea Fury in 1/48 that I built for the Sydney Camm-paign, you can find my build starting on THIS PAGE about half way down. I made comment on the fit and detail as I progressed, but this kit went together quite well. Bigrip74 also built a Hobbycraft kit (a Hurricane) in this Campaign, but once again you will have to trawl through the pages to find his comments.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, D
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 10:53 AM UTC
I've built dozens of Hobbycraft kits. In general they're not the most detailed in the world, and often they have shape errors, the worst of which would the the 1/48 vamipre series which has the dihedral upside down and the wings set too far back on the fuselage (Here's a review of mine). Many of their earlier kits were prone to being oversimplified with crude details and utterly unusable decals, but they got better as time went on. Academy has re-issued many of their 1/48 fighters, for example the Bf-109 series, P-35s and P-36s.

Ask about the kit you're interested in; chances are one of us here has built it.
kablitzer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 23 posts
AeroScale: 10 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 04:56 AM UTC
sorry it's been so long.The kit was a resin 234 arado 1/48 it came with cockpit PE,resin weel's and metal landing gear,all for £25.But i chickend out and bought a 1/72 234 by dragon instead thank's for all the help
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 07:01 AM UTC
That one would have actually been pretty good. I built the base kit (no facny resin bits) back about 15 years or so ago. I used a Falcon canopy and some basic photoetch in it. The decals sucked, but at the time I didn't have any alternatives so I toughed it out and used them.

If it's still around, I'd say nab it
 _GOTOTOP