_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Etch for 1:48 Albatros D.V?
Rittersbach
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 83 posts
AeroScale: 80 posts
Posted: Monday, December 19, 2011 - 06:07 AM UTC
I have checked Part (Jadar) and cant seem to locate this offering. Eduard has the etch parts for the Albatros DV but $19usd shipping for a $10 part is not worth it.

Anyone know of where I can score a couple sheets of these?

**edit** Also is Marty Digmayer still carving props and where to get them. Did Eric close up shop at copper state?

***edit#2*** Spoke to Eric and he sold in October 2011. I now have Marty's email and if no other source here in the states will contact him directly.
thanks!

Jeff
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Monday, December 19, 2011 - 10:21 AM UTC
Jeff! Good to hear from you!

Now if your talking the Eduard aftermarket PE set 48 216 it is great. It has parts for both the D.V and D.Va. The extra radiator helps you build one of the Middle East OAW birds. But this set is meant for the Eduard 80xx series mold. I am working on one with this PE using the HGW wood grain decals. There was a PE set meant for the 81xx series released in the 1136 & 1136x. And there is also a smaller PE set available from Tom's Modelworks.

Now if its a scale wood propeller your looking for try here.
Rittersbach
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, December 19, 2011 - 11:16 AM UTC
Stephen,

Thanks for the reply, it is good being back on the bench. I am still working on my 1:1 39 Ford coupe and decided to take a break from TIG welding to CA welding..lol

Yes I am referring to the eduard etch for 81xx kits. I know its good but @19 shipping for a $10 product. Oh well. I guess I have to rob one of my other kits. The one from Toms does not include the aileron controls I dont believe.

I am starting on a project that I have always wanted to do. I want to complete all of Udet's mounts. I might save DDN for last, although its always been a favorite of mine. I am starting with his all silver alb DV.

btw, I have been away so long I heard about DSA's passing. I got your email about him being ill in May and didnt know he passed. I was very saddened by this news and took a few minutes to remember how great a historian he was to WWI aviation. And how he helped me on many occasions. I am deeply saddened.

Where can I buy these 1:48 albatros props, and when? They dont have a website?

Jeff
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Monday, December 19, 2011 - 11:57 AM UTC
I have extra D.V aileron control shrouds you can have. Just PM me your snail mail. And for the props you have to e-mail him. [email protected]

Don't forget to remove the lower wing access hatchs (lower surface wing roots) and the pilot's right access port furthest to the rear. (only on late D.Va types).
Rittersbach
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 01:37 AM UTC
Thanks for the help Stephen. And thanks for the reminders...
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 04:44 AM UTC
Merry Christmas!
Contact123
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 9 posts
AeroScale: 8 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 05:27 AM UTC
Who bought Copperstate? Will whoever they are be continuing the good work?
Rittersbach
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 03:30 AM UTC
I dont know much but I believe that the buyer is on your side of the pond and will get operations up in 2012.
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Friday, December 23, 2011 - 02:18 AM UTC
Greetings Jeff,

Parts have been gathered and will be enroute to you later today. It gave me a chance to sort these and the D.V / Va parts and mount them on masking tape for easier access in the future.

_GOTOTOP