Modern aircraft of the United States.
EA-6 PROWLER ?
SGT.Busche
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 167 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 09, 2003 - 11:52 AM UTC
Sorry guys I have been out for while but I have been a little busy here. The question that I have is Has any one built the EA-^ Prowler from Revell yet? I have been waiting for this to come out for a while and before I buy it would like to know if it is going to be a good kit or not. Well just wanted to know. Thanks.
BlueBear
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 414 posts
AeroScale: 60 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 09, 2003 - 03:35 PM UTC
One of my friends in the Navy had one when Monogram first released it back in the early 90's. Just from looking it over, the moulding is up to late Monogram standards. If you're good with a 00000 sable hair, you can do a job with the cockpit; otherwise, there are several aftermarket add-ons available if you want to go that route.
chip250
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,864 posts
AeroScale: 410 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 09, 2003 - 05:08 PM UTC
I saw one at a contest. He won 1st I think. It was a really nice kit. And I don't think he even added anything to it.

~Chip :-)
Recon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,571 posts
AeroScale: 109 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 02:45 AM UTC
It is just a rerelease of the older kit. I have heard some complaints about the tinted glass. It builds up into a real nice model. There are alot of decals and aftermarket items out there for you to spend your $ on.
Recon
bat-21
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Namur, Belgium
KitMaker: 80 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 05:14 AM UTC
As far as I remember, this kit is a old airfix kit from the 80'.
i had once one ; verdict: nice model with good shape. but poor cockpit details.
fat molding for some of them( landing gear and antennas) and all panel line to re-engrave.
original one being raised and almost uncorrect.
Huge model once finished( quitly the same than a b-17 in the same scale for long).
lot of work but the only one existing.
Bat-21
Recon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,571 posts
AeroScale: 109 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 12:27 PM UTC
This in not the airfix kit. This is the RM kit which is alot better than the airfix kit.
recon
BlueBear
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 414 posts
AeroScale: 60 posts
Posted: Monday, October 13, 2003 - 08:45 PM UTC
I just made the rounds of the local hobby shops this afternoon, and both had got a supply of Prowlers in. The decals on the box are hi-viz for VAQ-131 Lancers aboard the America. They were last at sea in the gulf aboard the Constellation, and unless they shuffle the air groups again, they will stay with CAW-2, now aboard the Ronald Reagan.
The box only shows underwing stores of 2 tanks and 3 ALQ-99 pods. If you want to get the Hasagawa 1/48 weapons packs, you can grab a couple rails and Harms to put on the out-board pylons for a radar buster fit.
RotorHead67
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,174 posts
AeroScale: 226 posts
Posted: Friday, December 05, 2003 - 06:32 PM UTC
PROWLER,
The story is this. the Revell ex Monogram Prowler is the only game in town.
The Airfix has been dead and gone for quite some time.
I built this kit 3 years ago OOB. Last year I bought another to BUILD the correct PROWLER.
The kit in the box has the wrong wings, the wrong ALQ jammer pods, no MER's, and a week cockpit.
My last purchase was the Monogram kit #5611
Cutting Edge Wing correction set
Eduard photo etch set
Resin seats
And I will raid my Hasegawa weapons sets for the appropriate load. This is an exspensive
way to go.......but if you want an accurate Prowler ,ITS the only way.
FYI= HOBBYLAND.com is currently selling this kit for $19.99 US
 _GOTOTOP