_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
1:35 CH-53 variants ??
MMB
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 259 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 09, 2003 - 06:13 PM UTC
A MH-53M in 1:35 ??!!
Can anyone tell me more about Night Flight Models since I have never heard of this company. ( additional pictures would be great )

Thanks in advance,
Marc
jimbrae
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
AeroScale: 291 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 09, 2003 - 07:25 PM UTC
I understand that a CH-35 is on the list of future releases from Panda as well. It's gonna be expensive but..... Jim
gatorbait
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 252 posts
AeroScale: 18 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 09, 2003 - 07:55 PM UTC
Nighthawk had to push back the dates on release but it promises to be a very nice model indeed . They are also looking at a CH46 series and probably helicopter crews, too. .
Anyway,check out their site and drop them a note.
chip250
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,864 posts
AeroScale: 410 posts
Posted: Friday, October 10, 2003 - 03:17 AM UTC
Revell made a 1/48 scale Ch-53. If your interested. I think its still avaible.

~Chip :-)
bat-21
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Namur, Belgium
KitMaker: 80 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 05:20 AM UTC
Ithink it's a german company and they plan to be ready at the end of this year price will be around 150 $. plus postage. if any interested we can make a grouping order in order to reduce price and postage.
Bat-21
TreadHead
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
AeroScale: 370 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 11:19 AM UTC
Howdy all,

I've been on their 'list' for some time....still hoping on the end of the year release date. At least they were kind enough to Email me when they decided there was going to be a delay and tell me about it, instead of just letting me hang.

Really looking forward to it's release!!

Tread.

P.S. They were originally asking for suggestions on which kits we would like to see produced....I may a few suggestions in 1/35th scale.

A) CH-37B Mojave
B) CH-54A SkyCrane
C) UH-34D 'Huss'

Be great if they were listening :-)
RotorHead67
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,174 posts
AeroScale: 226 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 30, 2003 - 08:27 PM UTC
1/35 NIGHT FLIGHT,
I can see TREAD DREAMS BIG. LOL Yes this company has big plans to release some well sought after helos. There web is full of test shots.
SS-74
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 30, 2003 - 09:01 PM UTC
Me and Porky been waiting for it a long time,. and preordered it for a long time, so far, except some CG pics. nothing.
Major_Goose
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Posted: Monday, December 01, 2003 - 12:50 AM UTC
But the pictures asre also good, start to scratchbuild until the actual model is released
heheheh
TreadHead
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
AeroScale: 370 posts
Posted: Monday, December 01, 2003 - 01:46 AM UTC
Howdy,

I'm guessing Trumpeter will come out with their '47 before NightFlight will. And probably for about 2/3rds the price. Did you say NightFlight is a german company? That means the model will also have twice as many moving parts as is neccessary to boot! #:-) (no offense meant to our german brethren ).

Tread.
Chief_Owl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 1 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 02, 2003 - 01:58 AM UTC
Hello to the Armorama Forum.

First of all, thanks to those modelers who have placed preorders for our MH-53M Pave Low IV.

To those who don't think we are working on the Pave Low and the other projects, well that is up to them. Won't bother me much.

We made a big mistake by not organizing research with reliable people and sources. Our failure and I want to apologize for the delay resulting from this.

Yes, a full-resin kit will always be more expensive than a injection-molded one. The greatest advantage of injection-molded kits is the cost per kit based on high amount of copies, besides lot of other advantages. When things get really detailed and larg, injection-molding starts to get very expensive. And often enough, superior detailing is best done with extra parts made with the resin/silicon technique or PE parts.

The technique that we will use for our kits is nothing really new and is being used in other industries. With silicon molds there is also nothing really new. The machines and the techniques they work with and the materials (resins/silicons) we use are for sure not that common in the small (company)size modeling business. A well engineered and accurate master is of course the prerequesite. We construct our models using a CAD program and produce parts with a mix of Stereolithography and 5-axis milling machines. The final finish is done basically with the same methods modelers use.

But as I said before, without a proper information source, the best machine will not help at all. So, to all those thinking what we are working on is fiction because it is technical not feasible, do a little bit research. Or if you live in Germany, visit the EUROMOLD now in December.

To come to an end, I am back at that point where I started. If we have proper access to information, any, and I stress any, Helo or Jet model is possible. Superior detailing is what full-resin kits should feature beside other self-evident (technical)features, making the need for extra detailing sets and therefore extra money unnecessary. Good silicon molds are able to deliver such quality.

BTW, it is Panda Models and not Trumpeter who have announced a 1/35 CH-47. And based on what there 1/35 Huey looks like, you all should be more concerned on what there 94 EURO (2/3rds of our price if my math is right) CH-47 will look like.

TreadHead maybe you can explain the "moving parts" comment.

Regards

The Chief Owl
William F. Beasley
NightFlight Models
gatorbait
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 252 posts
AeroScale: 18 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 02, 2003 - 06:48 AM UTC
Glad to see you speak out ,Bill . I am looking forward to tha tMH53;whenever it is ready.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
AeroScale: 510 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 04, 2003 - 04:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Howdy,

I'm guessing Trumpeter will come out with their '47 before NightFlight will. And probably for about 2/3rds the price. Did you say NightFlight is a german company? That means the model will also have twice as many moving parts as is neccessary to boot! #:-) (no offense meant to our german brethren ).

Tread.

Tread,
So by extrapolation I guess it's a good thing it's not British made, because then it would have 4 times the parts?

(Remembering several Jaguar XKE diagrams I saw in the past)

Cheers,
Jim
 _GOTOTOP