Posted: Monday, December 26, 2011 - 07:08 AM UTC
looking forward to it!
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Monday, December 26, 2011 - 07:39 AM UTC
Yes indeed! The CGI looks good. I am a little unsure about the tail markings of the Me-109's and Me-262's. The yellow band on the vertical stabilizer, I am not familiar with any group with those markings? May have been made up for artistic license! At least the 109's are G models!! Ha ha Russell
stonar
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 337 posts
AeroScale: 309 posts
Posted: Monday, December 26, 2011 - 10:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The yellow band on the vertical stabilizer, I am not familiar with any group with those markings? [ ]

No,it's the kind of thing that drives me up the wall! It's not as if the Luftwaffe's tactical markings aren't known.
99% of the audience won't know a Messerschmitt from a Fock-Wulf so I guess it doesn't matter to them.
Steve
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Monday, December 26, 2011 - 10:21 AM UTC
So true Steve! Oh well, it still looks like it may be a good movie. I don't know how accurate it will be. Just read some of the myths about the 332 fighter group in Flight Journal magazine. Don't know if they will follow those as well.

Things like they never lost a bomber, I don't care how good you are, that's hard to believe and is untrue. They shot down the first Me-262, that apparently isn't true either.

They did well as a group, but never had an ace either; which at the time they were flying may not be surprising.

I read a book about the 15th air force and many times people who would be flying missions wouldn't even see a fighter, they dealt with flak constantly though. History vs Hollywood I guess?

Russell
stonar
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 337 posts
AeroScale: 309 posts
Posted: Monday, December 26, 2011 - 10:08 PM UTC

Quoted Text

History vs Hollywood I guess?
Russell

Hollywood doesn't have a very good record vs history I'm afraid.

Sometimes we have to remind ourselves that it's only a film. The problem is that many people take films to be historically accurate whilst of course they very rarely are.

A friend,who knows a bit about ancient history,recently described the historical epic "The Fall of the Roman Empire" as being as historically accurate as "Star Wars-The Empire Strikes Back" which made me laugh!

Cheers
Steve
 _GOTOTOP