_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Achtung! FW-190 experten!
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 04, 2012 - 05:27 PM UTC
Who can tell me whether the wing root gun access doors were deleted on Turkish FW-190 A3a3s? I know the guns themselves were not installed, but what about those so very obvious bulged access doors? Were they sealed, faired over or just left as a convenient place to keep the contraband?
emroglan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,163 posts
AeroScale: 255 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 04, 2012 - 08:00 PM UTC
Hello Jessie,

I'm not an expert, but I do know the answer to your question. While the guns were not installed, everything else remained the same (except radio equipment as far as I know but those are not visible on a model).

You can also check Ole Nikolajsen's web page for Turkish Fw 190 photos if that would be helpful. Also if you PM me your e-mail address I can send you the photos I have.
eseperic
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 624 posts
AeroScale: 609 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 04, 2012 - 08:46 PM UTC
Jessie,

I agree with Emre. From the materials I saw (several photographs of Turkish Wurgers), A-3's that were delivered to Turkey were slightly downgraded, i.e. equipped with less sophisticated radio, and the inboard cannons were removed. Access hatches, as far as I could remember, were present and retained their functionality.
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 05, 2012 - 04:08 AM UTC
That's good to know. Now is there a consensus about the colours? RLM70/02/65 or 74/75/76 seem to be the candidates.

Now isn't this interesting? Google is getting hysterical about Ole Nikolajsen's webpage: WARNING!!! THIS PAGE MAY HARM YOUR COMPUTER!!!!
Whisky Tango Foxgtrot, over?
 _GOTOTOP