_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
1:48 Revell P-61 red stripe decal help
dbmdyxl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 30 posts
AeroScale: 28 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 08:02 PM UTC
Hi folks, I'm building a Revell 1:48 P-61 and I meet a problem. The P-61 has red stripes on the wings, and I'm doing the stripes with those on the decal sheet that come with the box.
The problem is the stripes on the decal sheet are not enough to complete all the stripes on the wing. I have asked for another decal sheet via the Revell official site two weeks ago but have not heard from them (they are usualy pretty quick when I ask for missing parts).
So I wonder if any of you who have spare decal stripes and live in the US could kindly send me some stripes? (only a few are enough, if you did the same box as I did, two stripes are enough) (Of course, plus a favor of 44 cents)
If you can do it I will pm you my address. Thank you very much in advance!
GastonMarty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 595 posts
AeroScale: 507 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 08:18 AM UTC

Send me an Email at [email protected]: I will be able to help as I have plenty of spare Monogram sheets

Gaston
JClapp
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 2,265 posts
AeroScale: 1,715 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 08:42 AM UTC
For future reference, Microscale makes high quality opaque Trim Film in 50 colors.
If you dont like any of the colors, get a sheet of "clear" , paint it with your color, then cut strips (or shapes, or whatever) from that.
dbmdyxl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 30 posts
AeroScale: 28 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 11:01 AM UTC
I have just recieved the decal from Revell today. Thank you both all the same.

Now I have a complete decal sheet (except the stripes) for two planes: a P-61A Husslin's Hussy 25536, and a P-61B times a wastin 403. If anyone wants this sheet please reply this thread or send me a private message.
 _GOTOTOP