_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Nuremberg Toy Fair 2012
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - 07:40 AM UTC
Hi all,

well, despite these kind of posts seem not very welcome on Aeroscale I still do a bit of advertizing for my site. I try to keep posting the news coming from the Nuremberg Toy Fair. ... curious how many people will buy the Zoukei-Mura He 219 or will wait for the Revell kit later this year.

First batch of pictures

I have also compiled a first (rudimentary) list of news from the catalogues already published. There is still a lot missing! I (we) try to update the list overe the coming week.

News List

I will drive to Nuremberg on Friday, and I hope Jean-Luc will join us on Saturday .. shall be fun

all the best

Steffen
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - 08:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

.. shall be fun

It will be for sure! I can't wait to see you and the others there. I have already seen quite a nice assortiment of new 1:48 scale stuff. 2012 seems to be a good year...

Jean-Luc
kenner
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 122 posts
AeroScale: 119 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - 01:42 PM UTC
I can only speak for myself but I very much appreciate this kind of coverage. Thanks for posting.

Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - 08:28 PM UTC
Hi Steffen

Ditto what Kenneth says! Many thanks for bringing us the pictures - there does indeed look to be a number of interesting new kits on the way.

Have a great trip - I hope you and Jean-Luc really enjoy yourselves - and I look forward to seeing your full reports in due course.

All the best

Rowan
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - 09:02 PM UTC
Thanks for this Steffen, great coverage

I had been hoping to go myself this year but but I'm needed at home over this period Maybe next year

I, for one, will wait for the Revell 219
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2012 - 08:23 AM UTC
Hi all,

ahh the usual suspects .. yes I know there are one or two guys interested in that stuff, but over all there is not much interest here on Aeroscale. Don't get me wrong: That is not a bad thing ... there is less debate and fighting Thats what I like about Aeroscale (despite one or two trolls)

I have updated the gallery and list with a few items. Not much, but there is only my friend Volker who sends me some stuff (and there are 3 authors from IPMS D on the show) .. hope there will be more tomorrow .. if I am in Nuremberg in time.

Rowan: We will enjoy the show and we will also have fun debating the stuff we have seen over the day

Mal: Yep, hope to meet you next year. I bet it will be a disappointment and a total overflow at the same time .. because it is a fair and not a model show.

So have a nice time browsing the new stuff or just keep building on you modelling bench wondering what is all the fuss .. wish I could do more of the latter

cheers

Steffen
litespeed
Staff MemberNews Reporter
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,976 posts
AeroScale: 1,789 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2012 - 10:19 AM UTC
A new tool 1/48 Jag Excellent
Cheers Italeri
and thanks for the images Steffen
All the best.
tim
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2012 - 06:05 AM UTC
Hi All,

today I got a lot of pictures and some updates for the list. Unfortunately I am lacking the time to post all the stuff including my photos today. But I got some 140 Picturs uploaded so have fun. BTW Tamiyas 1/48 Scale IS-2 is one of the news but not on the pix. I'll post them tomorrow.

Pictures from Andreas Eichendorff

thanks for watching!

all the best

Steffen
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2012 - 04:03 PM UTC
Great coverage! Many, many Thanks Steffen for photo images and editing.
Littorio
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
AeroScale: 1,351 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2012 - 03:51 AM UTC
Steffen, thanks for the coverage, now I know what to look out for in the coming year / years.

Like Tim, nice one Italeri a new mould Jag!
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2012 - 04:00 AM UTC
Thanks guys!!

well, that was a busy day. And I only slept from 12-4 a.m. A lot of talk and lots of interesting information.

Andreas' picture gallery was updated by another 120 images: Pictures from Andreas Eichendorff

Yesterday I took some pix of the Eduard Bf 109E-1 kit in my hotel room and I really like it. See here for the pix: Bf 109E-1 ProfiPack. I plan to start building right when I am back home on Tuesday .. we'll see.

Today Jean-Luc Formery and I had a looooooooong chat with Jan Zdiarsky from Eduard. Beside a bunch of interesting things we talked about the Royal Class of this kit. There will be no 1/1 REVI, but there will be another 1/4 instrument panel with REVI. It will also include another numbered item with each RC .. guess what it is

maybe I'll get some more stuff online later today....

all the best

Steffen
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Sunday, February 05, 2012 - 01:24 AM UTC
Hi all,

today I finally managed to put my pictures into a gallery. Some new items (Roden Trojan box and a roghly built and painted model at the Squadron booth), CMK 48 scale stuff, ZM He 219 sprue shots ... but the majority is just an overview of plastic modelling items (and plastic modelling is just a small part of the whole show)...

So have fun browsing the pix: pictures Steffen Arndt

Next on my schedule is updating the list. I already have input but the day only has 24 hours and I do need to sleep and eat...

all the best

Steffen
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 05, 2012 - 03:20 AM UTC
Cheers Steffen

Thanks for the extra pics. I was really looking forward to the Spiteful/Seafang, but what on earth's happened to the undercarriage - it's like something out of the wrong kit?!

All the best

Rowan
ludwig113
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,381 posts
AeroScale: 1,110 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 05, 2012 - 05:48 AM UTC
hmmm, new 1/48 jaguar
camogirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,045 posts
AeroScale: 622 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 05, 2012 - 07:36 AM UTC
Thanks for the post, pics and updates Steffen ooooo really really really like the profi pack BF 109 thats one for the list
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Sunday, February 05, 2012 - 08:48 PM UTC
Hi gang

many thanks for the kind comments!

....ohh well,stupid asI am I posted the link to Volkers Gallery again. So here are all three galeries again:

Andreas Eichendorff

Volker Helms

Steffen Arndt

and the News List

all the best

Steffen
Tomcat31
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,828 posts
AeroScale: 1,720 posts
Posted: Monday, February 06, 2012 - 12:31 AM UTC
Thanks for the coverage Steffen, although not many people comment I'm sure they appreciate it (1238 views and only 16 replies)

I'm really liking the Eduard 109, hopefully it won't be as complicated as the 190

I also notice that Revell have snuck a 1/72 B-17F variant under the radar. Does anyone know if this is using the same tooling as their 'G' with F parts included
Kinggeorges
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Barcelona, Spain / España
KitMaker: 1,380 posts
AeroScale: 1 posts
Posted: Monday, February 06, 2012 - 02:46 AM UTC
Hello,

Thanks Steffen for the news, very exhaustive coverage !
Do you know who's making those ferns in PE and tropical plants leaves ?
I know that has nothing to do with aero stuuf, but I see no pictures of Miniart products except the Gaz truck. Did they really exposed nothing ?
And as far as Masterbox is concerned, I discovered on one pic Vietcong fighter masters from them. To bad there are no better pictures from them as they look hot. Maybe armorama has a special reporter in Nuremberg that will post a feature on this portal covering them ??
Anyway, I always loved Nuremberg, as it is a kind of continuation of Christmas time for me.
Best,
Julien
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Monday, February 06, 2012 - 03:48 AM UTC
Hi Julien, thats eduard!

Miniart had lots of stuff, but as I am not into 35 scale armour I did not visist their booth. Andreas is and obviously this was the only stuff he had seen as new.

Jean-Luc did a lot of photos and interviews but I doubt he has much info on armour. See primeportal for more pictures. Maybe you find there what you are looking for.

all the best

Steffen
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Monday, February 06, 2012 - 04:19 AM UTC
Hi guys,

well it gets empty here at the press center and the booth staff is packing in since a few hours (though the are only allowed from 5pm onwards, which it now is).

@Allen: the Bf 109 looks really nice and really easy .. there are guys that started it right away:

(J-L even took some better pix)

The B-17F is a variant of the new G-model.

I have updated the list again as some stuff got missing during the past updates.

Nurember 2012 list

Also some more pictures in Volker Helms' gallery

ZM will do some more stuff before the He 219 will hit the shelfs just before X-mas (thats the plan, though the parts look pretty advanced). No.05 will probably something Japanese, U.S. Air Force Skyraider, a Shinden in "Manga" markings and the 48 Scale Shinden ...
AZmodel He 70(1/48), Morane(72nd scale) and an Airliner (forgot which) will come out in about 3 weeks. Peter Muzikant told me that he will produce an update of the Ki-48 kit with a new fromt clear part and a resin insert for the upper fuselage. Distributors will get the corrections free, so you have to contact them (when the thing is out). Also 2 new boxes planned (Special Attack Sqns.). The ex-Hippo Model Gotha will include three markings. The one from the Hippo Box, another German and a French.

You have probably seen the Roden Trojan. There will be some 144 DC-3 variants, and a Globemaster II (hope I remembered that right) plus some more stuff ... I'll update the list with the catalogue in hand.

Also I got myself one of the Bf 109 E late wings (testshost that will be further corrected and refined). He 70 Sprues (without clear parts) -- remember I already got the very early HiPM "Resin" test shot a few years ago ... one day I will have a full model kit. Plus some other stuff and catalogues....

BTW for those who are interested in 1/72 scale trucks. I have posted a preview of Schattons MB L4500 on the IPMS D Website.

best wishes from Nuremberg

Steffen
who will be driving home tomorrow morning. Today we had -16,5 at 9 a.m. Hope my car will make the 5h trip (and will be pleasantly warm during that ride).
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Monday, February 06, 2012 - 06:14 PM UTC
Hi all,

I made it back safely yesterday and this morning l have to go to work again...

It was a pleasure again to meet Steffen, Volker and his wife Sindy in Nürnberg. Steffen will drive home today so I wish him good luck for the trip.

I will try to get the Nürnberg Toy Fair Report ready for this week-end if it is possible...

All the best,

Jean-Luc
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 02:29 AM UTC
Hi Jean-Luc,

glad you made it home safe! It really was nice to meet you again and I am looking forward to the next occasion. (BTW you will get a parcel from Volker...)

I am just in and I really do not have any motivation for Website stuff. I just put out the Bf 109E-1 and started cutting parts from the sprues. The IPMS D website will be updated with a few bits tomorrow.

J-L I am looking forward to your show report!!

all the best

Steffen
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2012 - 08:29 PM UTC
Hi Steffen,

Quoted Text

(BTW you will get a parcel from Volker...)

I wonder what will be in it...

Quoted Text

J-L I am looking forward to your show report!!

I hope to get it finished for this week-end but it will take some time since I have to edit more than 300 pictures and I will have to borrow some from your IPMS Germany website to fill the gaps. I hope you won't mind.

By the way, did you had the time to compare the AZ Fuselage of the He70 with the resin one you had? Are they similar? I'm curious...

All the best,

Jean-Luc
05Sultan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,870 posts
AeroScale: 258 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2012 - 10:56 PM UTC
Thank you Steffen and Jean-Luc for all the wonderful coverage off this year's Toy Fair. Looks like you had a great time and I hope you guys plan on doing it again next year!
Thanks again
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 12:44 AM UTC
Thanks Rick!

I have already booked the accomodation ... it is always a joy to travel with Jean-Luc so I hope he can make it too next year (not to mention the 4 other IPMS D members that helped providing all the information)

@J-L no time for the comparison yet. Look forward to the parcel .. it will include something you like.

all the best

Steffen
 _GOTOTOP