_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
HAS ANYONE BUILD THIS KIT?
Blackbirdrider
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2 posts
AeroScale: 2 posts
Posted: Monday, February 20, 2012 - 04:48 AM UTC
The kit is the following:

1/72 Hasegawa VOUGHT CORSAIR Mk-I Fleet Air Arm Fighter

Has anyone here built this? Is it a decent kit? Are the wing tips already cut down to properly resemble the FAA Corsairs the US supplied for British carriers?...or do you have to cut yourself and pray?

US supplied Corsairs had to have their wings clipped to fit in British aircraft carriers. If anyone has built this model, please let me know if Mr. Hasagawa properly reflected that in this kit. You can reply to me at [email protected].

Txks very much.

Tom
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Monday, February 20, 2012 - 06:31 AM UTC
If the wingtips are not clipped, 30 seconds with a razor saw and sanding sticks cures that little difficulty.

If it's the kit I'm thinking of, it's pretty old and basic. A little work will turn it into a decent model.
Blackbirdrider
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2 posts
AeroScale: 2 posts
Posted: Monday, February 20, 2012 - 11:32 AM UTC
Thank you.

But I'd like to be lazy in this case and not have to resort to the surgery however slight it may be. There were a handful of kits of this type that I seem to remember reading about which were correct right out of the box. I am wondering if this is one of them, but I can't find any decent reviews for this kit on the web. So I thought why not ask and see if anyone has built it who can tell me.

Txks again.

_GOTOTOP