_GOTOBOTTOM
Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
Campaign Proposal: ANZAC
Janglais
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
KitMaker: 16 posts
AeroScale: 8 posts
Posted: Monday, March 05, 2012 - 05:05 PM UTC
Hi All,

First of all, I've really been enjoying reading the progress of the other campaigns currently running and am thinking I might sign up for one or two - even with my first few builds (just to keep me 'honest').

Anyway, with ANZAC Day coming up (in about 7 weeks), I was wondering if we could set up an ANZAC Campaign. My idea would include anything related to Australia or New Zealand, including:-

* Anything that served with Australian or NZ Forces
* Anything designed/built in Australia or NZ
* Anything which served in Australia or NZ (eg, 49th FG USAAF in Australia in WWII)
* Anything which attacked Australia or NZ

Perhaps start it on ANZAC Day (April 25), or even wait until later in the year so the campaign would end on April 25, 2013.

Ideas/thoughts etc?

Cheers,

Daniel
md72
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 4,950 posts
AeroScale: 3,192 posts
Posted: Monday, March 05, 2012 - 05:57 PM UTC
Daniel, not a bad idea at all. My suggestion would be to start later in the year (September 25?), end next ANZAC day. Use the time in between to educate us non-ANZAC sorts on the history that is being remembered. Not just Gallipoli, but the Pacific war, Korea, Vietnam and other operations.

You may also want to expand to the armor, figure and ship folks.
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
AeroScale: 3,756 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 06, 2012 - 12:20 AM UTC
Hi Daniel.

I actually had a similar idea for an RAAF Campaign starting in late 2012 that I briefly discussed with the Campaign Admin staff here a few weeks back, so I think you are on the right track. Finishing on ANZAC Day 2013 sounds like a perfect plan. As Mark said, it would attract more interest if it was a Kitmaker-wide proposal, which would be run from the Kitmaker University site HERE .

For some inspiration, you can read through 16 pages of builds for the Land Down Under Armorama Campaign which finished late last year, and there was also the Ronnie RAAF Campaign here on Aeroscale back in 2009.

I have a 1/32 Special Hobby P-39 with RAAF markings that I would try to include if you get this one rolling.

Cheers, D
windysean
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,917 posts
AeroScale: 563 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 06, 2012 - 02:35 AM UTC
Guys, Don't forget Jaypee's "Ashes Speed Build" here which pitted British and Australian aircraft against each other during the Ashes cricket match 3-7 January 2011. I contributed on the Colonial side, but in truth I was the Ugly American with nothing at stake in either camp.
Had there been a rematch this year, I had been researching an RAN A-4G Skyhawk. That certainly would fit this campaign!
I have plenty of campaigns that I've committed myself to, including AussieReg's Chevy vs. Hemi II (1 campaign, 2 builds), but my schedule is otherwise clear after March 2013!
-Sean H.
Janglais
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
KitMaker: 16 posts
AeroScale: 8 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 06, 2012 - 11:23 AM UTC
Cheers guys - I've created a new thread HERE.

Thanks also for the links to the other 'inspirational' threads - got me right in the mood now
 _GOTOTOP