_GOTOBOTTOM
Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
Campaign Proposal: "The great V12 Sextet"
raypalmer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,151 posts
AeroScale: 985 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 10, 2012 - 08:21 AM UTC
Okay so this got some interest over in WWII. So I'll propose it proper.

I intend to; for my own edification do a personal "great V12 fighters of WWII" campaign. Wherein I select the great (not necessarily 'best') six V12 fighters of the war. Each major combatant being represented.

My thinking is on this question would be:

-A Merlin powered Spitfire. Ideally an earlier variant to represent the Commonwealth.

-A BF109, again an earlier iteration is my personal preference. To represent Germany.

-A C202 Folgore or C205 Veltro. (same plane really) to represent Italy.

-An Allison Powered P-40 to represent the United States.

-The KI-61 to represent Japan.

-The Yak-9 to represent the USSR. (Admittedly there are quite a few options for the Russians, I like the look of the Mig 3 the most, but it seems like the Yak is the better choice.)

Although I feel these are ironclad choices, debate is welcome.

I would propose a longer form Campaign. With start dates and end dates up to the admin guys. Wherein building one of the six would earn a "V12 Cross," two the "Distinguished v12 Cross," three the "Bronze V12 Medal," four the "Silver V12 Medal," Five the "Gold V12 Medal" and all six would earn the "V12 Medal with Clusters." Or some such nonsense. I would be happy to design the wee medals.

This would make for a gorgeous gallery and also encourage modelers who so desire it to build a set!
Tomcat31
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,828 posts
AeroScale: 1,720 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 10, 2012 - 08:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I would propose a longer form Campaign. With start dates and end dates up to the admin guys. Wherein building one of the six would earn a "V12 Cross," two the "Distinguished v12 Cross," three the "Bronze V12 Medal," four the "Silver V12 Medal," Five the "Gold V12 Medal" and all six would earn the "V12 Medal with Clusters." Or some such nonsense. I would be happy to design the wee medals

A great idea but unfortunately the system will only allow you to award the same one ribbon to all who complete the campaign.
hannover67
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 49 posts
AeroScale: 26 posts
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2012 - 08:29 AM UTC
I like this idea a lot but I have a proposition. Why not give a ribbon to everyone who completes a set number of the mentioned aircraft or more. for example, 3 or more of the aircraft grants you the ribbon!
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2012 - 11:55 AM UTC
Would the P-38 count, or is that a V-24 ?
 _GOTOTOP