Review: Italieri F-117A "Stars and Stripes"
Svenbanane2
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 4 posts
AeroScale: 2 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 24, 2012 - 08:49 PM UTC
Hi,

yesterday I bought this special version of the F-117 on 72nd scale for 10€. It includes only about 25 parts, if you use the column it gets reduced up to 15.

There are not many Details to show, at the cockpit all the shifters etc. are missing. The clacks of the landing gear are very well detailled.

The engravings are exalted.

Sorry if I used the wrong words, don´t know all technical terms

I´m going to use the column, so I don´t need the landing gear and the weapon bay.
The assembling will go very fast and the bottom side will be very spectacular.I´m going to put it on a mirror and making pictures for you when I´ve finished. My big F-117 in 1:48 is destroyed, It was falling from my table, I hope to rescue it

Kind regards Sven

james84
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Roma, Italy
KitMaker: 1,368 posts
AeroScale: 377 posts
Posted: Monday, April 09, 2012 - 09:05 PM UTC
Nice one!
This was one mìof my first ever models, so I can definitely say this kit has been around form more than 20 years.
Those decals are quite nice, but they are too big IMHO. Have you thought of painting the underside instead of using them?
Svenbanane2
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 4 posts
AeroScale: 2 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 12:35 AM UTC
Hi,

know I built about 2 weeks on it, wasn´t planed this way. the built goes fast, but the red decals at the bottom were rolling up,so i had to remove them. Now I´m going to paint them.....The blue backgrpund with white stars got damaged by the masking tape, blessedly I´ve some small stars from my 1:48 scale F117..... I´m sure that the painting will need 2 or 3 months....

Sven
 _GOTOTOP