_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Eduard 1:48 Morane N
xmald11
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wojewodztwo Wielkopolskie, Poland
KitMaker: 135 posts
AeroScale: 135 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 01, 2012 - 08:38 AM UTC
Hello. I`ve started it some time ago. After scrutinising the subject of engine control in this plane, which due to the absence of good photos of cockpit is rather theoretical, I`ve decided to modify the cockpit layout proposed by the producer. I`ve added mixture/throttle control, cables, some elements of the construction etc. I`m planning to add magneto switch and other details. I`m sorry for the poor quality of photos, I`ll try to make them better during the day.

xmald11
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, April 02, 2012 - 10:20 PM UTC
A short update. I have added an oil tank, as well as internal wiring and control cables. I`m planning to close the fuselage today, and add other cockpit details later. I`m thinking about adding oil pulsator on the left side of the cockpit, what do you think about it?

xmald11
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 07:42 PM UTC
I`ve done something which is relatively new to me. I wanted to reproduce the effect of the construction being visible through the canvas. On the bottom of wings it will be darker while on the upper surfaces the shading will be done using lighter tones. After taking a photo I`ve realised how crude it looks...so I have to redo it. I only want to know if it is a good direction to follow (if anyone bothers to reply;)). Cheers for looking!
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Friday, April 06, 2012 - 02:43 AM UTC
Hi Filip !

Nice work so far on the cockpit details . Your wing is looking good as well . I like the effect you have now but , have you thought of doing an over spray of the base colour to tone down the effect you have now . You are heading down the right path just need to add a few more steps is all . Once a dull coat has been addded you can go back and add some weathering with pastel chalk to blend it in .
xmald11
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, April 06, 2012 - 04:00 AM UTC
I have repainted wings and the effect is better.
Quoted Text

Once a dull coat has been addded you can go back and add some weathering with pastel chalk to blend it in .

It needs to be done, thanks for your advice
Here`s what it looks like now:
xmald11
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 09:54 AM UTC
A brief update. I have shaded the fusselage and wings using chalks (pastels). I have also added magneto switch, seatbelts (tamiya tape), blip switch on the control stick, I will also add map as in Windsock... Some more in the next episode;)

xmald11
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, April 20, 2012 - 04:27 AM UTC
I had to scratchbuild the internal struts of the undercarriage since they were much too short. Scratches on the black enamel are a novelty to me cause I`ve used hairspray for the first time to acheive this effect.Below there are some photos:

lcarroll
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,032 posts
AeroScale: 1,025 posts
Posted: Friday, April 20, 2012 - 03:43 PM UTC
Filip,
Very nice work all over. The highlighting is realistic and you've done a wonderful job on the interior. One of my favorite "non standard" Great War Fighter subjects, looking forward to the (very close) completion shots.

Cheers,
Lance
xmald11
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, April 23, 2012 - 04:59 AM UTC
Cheers for the most rewarding comment. This is one of my favourite WWI birds either. I remember the oldie goldie Red Baron 3d sim in which one could fly it if chosen Entente...
MY next build will probably be Roland CII since I want to make something that is not in CDL because my last were Airco Dh2, Ni 11 and this Morane all in CDL...
 _GOTOTOP