_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Just a bit of encouragement
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Monday, April 02, 2012 - 01:35 PM UTC
Greetings all!

I can't recall how many times I have looked at the fine early aviation pieces that come to be in a "blog" here at Aeroscale. Now I might be a bit prejudice but I want to encourage all of you to go ahead and consider submitting your works as Features before someone on the staff speaks to you about it. We have some excellent and hard working volunteer staffers that are just waiting for the material and images to format and publish.

Think of Aeroscale as a magazine where you can have your builds put on the front page. This is not about ego but is about showing other modelers what we are about and what can be done with modeling skills. The only way we will grow it sharing the wealth. Enjoying the build and seeing it appreciated but more over bringing more interest to our site. Gentle folk Model On!
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Monday, April 02, 2012 - 01:54 PM UTC
Hi Stephen ,

Thanks for the kind words of encouragemnet . There are many talented members here who do fantastic work and always will to share .

Would be nice to see more WW 1 builds on the features pages , even though I have been , well very late on doing a feature of the FE-8 . Been asked a few times now but never seem to have the time or the get up and get to it mode .
SgtRam
Staff MemberEditor-at-Large
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
AeroScale: 511 posts
Posted: Monday, April 02, 2012 - 02:15 PM UTC
I have to agree with Stephen, even coming from the other side of the wall at Armorama. I have seen some real good work in the forum, and would like to see more. I have already had a few features but up on the other side, and I consider my self an average builder.

And this site is what you the viewer make of it. It is your content that makes this site what it is, and one of the reason I volunteer my time.

Would be great to see full features of some of your work.

Kevin
Kornbeef
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,667 posts
AeroScale: 1,551 posts
Posted: Monday, April 02, 2012 - 07:08 PM UTC
Honestly I'd never thought of it myself. I'll take some time to check the features section out.

Shamefully I spend most my time here in Early aviation with short trips to other area's and I've never yet really checked the features section. I just kind of bumble along building blogging and commenting.

Thanks for pointing it out though Stephen, most certainly.

Keith
modulla
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 72 posts
AeroScale: 71 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 10:03 PM UTC
I entirely agree that everyone can contribute - what would be useful is a short article on how to submit our stuff. Where on site do we go? What format? What size and file type for photos?
Some people would appreciate a link to an article on how to take good photos in the first place.
And how do we post a link?
If this stuff is already on site, please just tell us where it is.
Many thanks for an already groovy site.
Clive
eseperic
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 624 posts
AeroScale: 609 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 10:22 PM UTC
Hi Clive,

I fully understand some of your concerns. Since I am associate editor here on Aeroscale, I understand the importance of "gettin' it right", because it makes my work easier as well As far as photography is concerned, there is a separate blog entitled "Photography" at our forum domains. Some site specific issues about contributing content is also managed in "Aeroscale Contributor" section. For particular tips about digital photography, you may want to start from here, and proceed to other links of interest.

Contentwise, if you are submiting article (or feature), plain text in .doc format will do, because one of our able editors will eventually edit your plain text and make all the necessary html coding to have it published for the site. Although it would be nice to send some photos by mail, there's also our submissions page which will make your life a bit easier. My advice is to get in contact with one of our editors and prepare just a plain text with some photos (.jpg), and voila - they'll make it for you!

hope this helps a bit,

All the best,
Entoni

@Editor-at-Large: Thank's for bringing it up, Stephen! Actually, I am already preparing four features about three of my current builds (check the signature area), along with a separate account on Bucker Jungmann in 1:48. I hope this will be ready immediately once I (eventually) complete the builds.
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Friday, April 06, 2012 - 02:34 PM UTC
Just thought I might share this with the General forum too.
 _GOTOTOP