_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
Looking to build a UH-1B Huey
dobon68
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 392 posts
AeroScale: 23 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 06:02 AM UTC
I've just got hold of an old Seminar Models 1/35th UH-1B Iroquois kit.
I want to build a UH-1B as used by the Seawolfs in Vietnam. I have the Fireball decals already.
Does anyone know if this kit is an acurate UH-1B? Looking at it it seems to be a bit of a mish-mash of a UH-1B and a UH-1C. How different is it?
I know Cobra Company do a back date set for the Academy UH-1C but if I can build this kit OOB I would prefer it.
Any advice would be gratefully received.
Regards
David
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 06:13 AM UTC
The SAR/Seminar kit is a pretty accurate B right out of the box, the only 1/35 B model on the market. It will build up nicely as a Seawolves bird.

The CC set is to backdate the MRC/Academy UH-1C kits. For a while, the Seminar B was hard to find, but it looks like it is back out again.
dobon68
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 392 posts
AeroScale: 23 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 06:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The SAR/Seminar kit is a pretty accurate B right out of the box, the only 1/35 B model on the market. It will build up nicely as a Seawolves bird.

Thanks Gino that's good to know, I can get into it soon then.

Quoted Text

The CC set is to backdate the MRC/Academy UH-1C kits. For a while, the Seminar B was hard to find, but it looks like it is back out again.

I don't know if it's avaliable again, I got my hands on an old kit for a bargin price so I'm happy all round
Thanks
David
 _GOTOTOP