_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
Airfix 1/48 BAe Hawk, Finnish Air Force
CanDid
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 123 posts
AeroScale: 98 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 07, 2012 - 12:20 AM UTC
Hi,

A few pics of my Airfix 1/48 BAe Hawk, painted as a Finnish Air Force Mk.51.

For this project I wanted a cheap kit that I could add a few details to. My choise became the Airfix kit. I have not built an Airfix kit since I was a child so I did not know much about them. There is really nothing wrong with the plastic, but I did not like the softness, I prefer harder plastic.

I used a Galdecal sheet to make this a Finnish Air Force bird. They are nicely printed, but silvered a little and did not react really well to the setting solvent.

The figures are from Haswgawa, Two Mikes Resin and one of the pilots from the kits. The ladder is Flightpath.

I also added Kuivalainen photo etch together with a few scratch built parts for the cockpit as well as the CMK exhaust.

I used Gunze and Vallejo colours for the paint job and weathered it with AK Interactive.

Thank's for watching and please comment!

Happy Easter!
/Fred

alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 07, 2012 - 12:49 AM UTC
Hi Fred

really nice model and great finish (Finnish ) My project is on hold because I was a bit to eager to incorporate as much aftermarket as possible and lost motivation ... it is nice to see the model can end up like this!!!

all the best

Steffen
CanDid
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 123 posts
AeroScale: 98 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 07, 2012 - 01:03 AM UTC
Hi Steffen,

Your project was actually a great source of inspiration for me https://aeroscale.kitmaker.net/forums/175230#1471698

I was thinking of buying the Two Mikes intakes, but a combination of the ladder and me being cheap... I will be nice to see the difference since the kit part is not quite right.

What I really liked about this build was that it is after all quite small. In a way it makes it a little easier to handle.

You have bought some really nice details and I am looking forward to see those decals in place

_GOTOTOP