_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
New P-51 project
rafeer896
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 8 posts
AeroScale: 7 posts
Posted: Friday, April 13, 2012 - 02:49 AM UTC
I'm working on a Revell P-51 BBD kit here as shown in the pics. I'll continue to add photos as I work through this project so check back frequently. I was going to go with a tamiya or Italeri kit, but they were a bit too expensive at the time, so I got this one for now. I'm going to go for one of those brands for the next build which will be an A-10 Thunderbolt II... Let me know what you guys think.
Thanks,
J.Austin

MCSORENSEN
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 5 posts
AeroScale: 4 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 11:30 AM UTC
If you don't mind raised panel lines that kit is a good option to the more expensive kits. With a little TLC it should turn out quite nice, have fun with the build.
jhutchi
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 88 posts
AeroScale: 73 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 11:44 PM UTC
Have you checked the decals? are they correct?
they are meant to be red/black, but on the 2 sets I got with 2 kits they were black/white

I sent off for another set and these were black/white too
rafeer896
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 8 posts
AeroScale: 7 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 17, 2012 - 10:12 PM UTC
Actually, I am not at all a fan of raised panel lines lol... But This model was purchased for me, so I'll build it.. These first couple models (p51, and the F-8 crusader) are my first builds in over 20 years, and i think I was about 7 years old or so the last time lol.. So I am pretty much using them as cheap "first" models in many years to get back into the swing of things. I'm really enjoying them. The next couple builds are going to be something a bit higher end so to speak. I have an a couple airbrushes now, and am getting them involved in this one!! I do tend to love the price tag on the revell monogram builds though they may require a bit more work to make them amazing.. I'm about to post more update photos showing the progress of this mustang.. Its turning out nicely. I'm nearly built, but waiting on aftermarket decals, and working on some pre-weathering right now. The decals that came in "this" kit are correct to the box by the way. "BBD" and "miss marilyn" decals are included. I'm not using them though. I elected to go with a different layout. A D-day yellow-nose layout by the name of "Betty Lee III" Maybe some of you guys know of it. It can be seen at the link below:

http://www.scalehobbyist.com/catagories/Detailing_and_Weathering/ARO00048655/product.php?pg=1&ppp=24&sb=stocknumber&so=a&kw=yellow

It would be the bottom one, or the one with the blue and yellow. Anyhow, James - if you would like my sheet of decals, I'd be happy to send them to you. I won't be needing them. Send me an PM and we can discuss it if you'd like.

J.Austin
 _GOTOTOP