_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Citadel Paints changes.. interesting developm
Kornbeef
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,667 posts
AeroScale: 1,551 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 06:19 AM UTC
Hi all, my son came home announcing changes to the Citadel Paints (Games Workshop-Warhammer) ranges, at first I thought they were downsizing the range but no.

Some very interesting developments indeed, new base colours, shades, layers dry, glazes, technical and textures. A really interesting point though is the range of colours include some interesting purples and lilacs

Base coats are pretty much as stated

Shades are supposedly washes to detail the base coats replacing fleshwash etc with a bigger range... including some light yellows and browns.

Also Layers, designed to paint over basecoats but allow underlying pigments to show through.

Dry are supposedly thick and designed for dry brushing *theres a light lilac amongst these.
Glazes may not be of much use but are what they are called clear cotes

Textures apparently have grit of varying grades mixed in. colour depenant they may make good clogged mud or dirt bases.

Technical includes base coats, a medium and hardcoat laquer and liquid greenstuff filler.

Over the next few days I'm going to aquire a few for research and will post my findings.

of course they all have odd names but the old Snot green and vomit brown names are now in the past.

Keith
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 07:04 PM UTC
Hi Keith

Very interesting! Can you send us a Review to add to the database once you've had a chance to test the paints? It looks like the potential will extend way beyond just early aviation.

All the best

Rowan
 _GOTOTOP