_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
1/35 Fieseler Fi-103 “V1” Flying Bomb
DougN1
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 410 posts
AeroScale: 409 posts
Posted: Friday, April 20, 2012 - 05:50 AM UTC
I wanted to do a quick, no hassle build while still working on the F4B-4, so I chose this 1/35 Bronco V1 kit The build was very straightforward, and just required a little fit tweaking at the wingroots and on the engine insert that represents the air slats (the intake). I painted the bottom with RLM 76LichtBlau; the fuselage with RLM 83 DunkelGrun; and the wings/tailplanes with RLM 81 BraunViolet consistent with the sub-assembly nature of the V1's manufacturing, and to give it a more interesting look. Overall a nice easy build, and it looks pretty cool in the display case On to the photos:

Thanks for looking! Comments/questions always welcome

Doug
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Friday, April 20, 2012 - 08:42 AM UTC
An excellent build Doug! The kit looks really good. Enjoyed looking at it. Russell
armouredcharmer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 670 posts
AeroScale: 175 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2012 - 01:26 AM UTC
Hi Buddy,what a great build.I`ve got one of these in my stash along with the "self-sacrifice" version - Hitler was loathe to use the term suicide pilot !.
I really like the variation of colours on the wings and fuselage as i`m now reading the New Vanguard book and it states that missile components were often built in different factories.
 _GOTOTOP