_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
My Mossie Madness........
05Sultan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,870 posts
AeroScale: 258 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2012 - 10:59 AM UTC
Well now I've done it. A short while back I bought one of the few remaining Paragon conversion sets. Recently saw one of these married to the Revell FB IV kit on LSP and I took the rotary cut-off wheel plunge. Had the ref.s,decals,radar gear from Beaufighter kit,colors(flat black all over), and could use some metal landing gear if anyone cares to kit a set of them. Finished AC to be an early NF II.
So far-

And I already see part of the access door frame has de-laminated from the fuse........
Couldn't just do a simple blimp, could I?
05Sultan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, May 27, 2012 - 10:46 AM UTC
A little further along now........

In the picture below is a light blue bell object with a ribbed hose out the back end going down through the deck. I took this as breathing oxygen plug-in for the crew. However, it might be a black-out lamp for the navigator? If oxygen supply,should the blue be alittle darker? Any help from the wild is appreciated!

Enjoy!
05Sultan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, May 28, 2012 - 10:26 AM UTC
As luck would have it, a very recent discussion on LSP website revealed oxygen hose colors for RAF &RAAF aircraft to be black, brown, gray, and green. No blue! More I think about it, blue might be the Luftwaffe oxygen color. Heck, still not sure if it is an oxygen hook up at all. Any one versed in that cockpit object I painted light blue ?
Inquiring minds await!
Cheers!
05Sultan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 06:28 AM UTC
No reply on the blue object in the cockpit but I repainted it a dark brown so I could call it either just in case
More progress below. Applied some Shep Paine 'gizmology' to the mods as space/rework woes would not allow more accuracy.
Enjoy!

......and of course, Rufus has my six.

_GOTOTOP