_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Announcement: Model of the Month new rules
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2012 - 03:41 AM UTC
Okay everyone, the long-awaited Model of the Month revamp is just about ready to go. We've changed the format of the contest to match what's been going on in other portions of the Kitmaker network. Here's how it will work:

1. Build your model, and take pictures. Your model must be photographed against a blank background: no bases, dioramas, figures, vignettes or other distractions. Photos that do not meet this criteria will be rejected. Submit more than one picture if you wish, but if you don't specify which one is the contest shot then I get to pick it. That may mean that I don't pick your favourite picture. Take your chances or tell me which one you like best

2. Submit your pictures to me in e-mail: jessica(dot)cooper(at)aeroscale(dot)co(dot)uk

3. I will create a monthly feature article with all entrants' photos and a voting option. The feature will be announced in this forum.

4. Go to the feature, pick your favourite and vote. You will be allowed to vote for one picture only so choose wisely.

5. At the end of the voting period, the winner will be announced and the prize awarded.

I am now accepting entrants. Since we've been down for a while, I will accept entrants for the first quarter of 2012. Any model finished between January and April is elligible. For this contest only, we will award one prize for each month.

One prize per entrant. If an entrant submits more than one model, and a second is chosen, that model will get an honourable mention, but will not win a prize. This rule is designed to spread the prizes out to as many people as possible.

IMPORTANT
One of your photos must show a handwritten label beside the model showing your name, the date and the model.

Other necessary information which must be included are your Kitmaker callsign and your address (if you're the winner, I need to know where to have your prize sent, don't I?)

Important legal stuff: Neither Dragon Models nor the Kitmaker Network nor any of its staff are liable in any way for any Excise or duty that the winner's country may levy on the winning item when it enters that country; it will be the winner's responsibility to cover this cost should it occur.

Signed: The new Aeroscale MOM mom.
md72
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 4,950 posts
AeroScale: 3,192 posts
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2012 - 03:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Signed: The new Aeroscale MOM mom.

Well at least the new title isn't going to your head.
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2012 - 12:35 PM UTC
Great overhaul, this should get pinned.

Joe
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 02:11 AM UTC
We'll pin the post with the final rules in it. Speaking of rules, note the changes.
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2012 - 04:02 AM UTC
Friendly bump time.
Just a reminder that this contest is open and running but the response rate has been kind of slow.

If you finished a model between January and May, it's elligible for this contest. Please send in your entries, the ones I have are getting lonely!
 _GOTOTOP