_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Trumpeter and Hyperscale
warreni
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
AeroScale: 2,201 posts
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2012 - 08:30 AM UTC
I have just read a review of the Trumpeter SBC-5 Dauntless on Hyperscale and am amazed at one of the comments that the wings don't fit. Now I have built a number of Trumpeter's 1/32 kits and I don't think that things not fitting is one of the problems. I have built the SBC-1 Dauntless kit that has the same wings and I found I didn't even need filler at the wing fuselage joints the fit was so good.
My question is why do any articles on Hyperscale to do with Trumpeter kits always concentrate on the negatives, yet if a Tamiya kit has problems they are swept under the carpet and the model is the best ever of that subject, eg Mustang. The writers at Hyperscale are always carping on how bad the rivetting is on any other Mustang's wings, but when Tamiya did it it was said to be hardly noticeable.. So much for unbiased reviews.
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 07:29 AM UTC
Hi Warren

I have to admit I don't get a chance to visit Hyperscale often, so I'm not aware of a general "downer" on Trumpeter kits. It would surprise me though. Individual writers may prefer one brand over another, but I would expect that to be balanced by alternative viewpoints on any major website.

All the best

Rowan
Snowhand
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,066 posts
AeroScale: 31 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 08:10 AM UTC
Also take into account that Trumpeteer kits are very pricey in the US... even more expensive than a similar Tamiya kit.. so people expect better than Tamiya quality for that money.
 _GOTOTOP