_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Zvezda 1/48 Bf109F-2 to G-2 Part 3
canuck63
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 122 posts
AeroScale: 17 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 03:38 AM UTC
I have decided that I can call it a day..well...so to speak!I could have gone on but I had to stop somewhere and let the painting do the rest of the talking...the ex-DB601 now reasonably looks like a DB605-A!
I left off a few "hoses" and wires, the turbo mesh cover and the "funnel" attached to it that goes into the supercharger intake,the plumbing still looks oversized while it isn't and the red 0.45mm insulated wire is there for visual purposes only...I'll use a thinner one!
I've detailed the firewall somehow but I stopped when I noticed that the part I was working one would have been invisible in the end.
all in all I am pleased and cannot wait to paint it!Comments and constructive critics are welcome and encouraged...I'm a "zwei linke hande" as they would say in Germany so please don't hit too hard LOL!The sixth and last photo shiows the engine in its actual size!
Cheers
Manu
P.S.;I know.....I know.....I'll make new handles for the ammo boxes out of aluminum foil and scrape a few parts clean....I've seen that mold lines too!

_GOTOTOP