_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
I need some help, Helo Accessories
Northwestern
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 349 posts
AeroScale: 30 posts
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2012 - 03:05 PM UTC
I was watching the old movie The Peacemaker and I saw that they had some heavily modified HH-65 helicopters and I thought it'd be cool to build one.

I was curious if someone could point me in a direction as to finding some things

I am going to use the Trumpeter 1/48 H-65 Dolphin

Are there any PE detail sets for this kit? Mainly interested in cockpit sets

I am going to try and scratch build the rocket pods, but I need a 1/48 .50 M2 with a proper mount. I would like to try and find something separate before I go ordering whole kits for one thing

Many thanks in advance

Here is a pic of the intended project, not best shot, but will do for now to see how the gun is mounted

HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 12, 2012 - 12:19 AM UTC
Cobra Company has a USCG interior conversion set. Fireball Modelworks also has a USCG Tail set and an updated blade set. I don't know of any others for it.

Are you sure that is a .50 cal? A .50 cal would be huge on an H-65 Dauphin. It looks more like an M60D mount to me.

Hope that helps and good luck.
Northwestern
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
Posted: Saturday, May 12, 2012 - 01:37 AM UTC
I wen back and reviewed clips from the movie, it's an M-60 mounted, plus there were two mounted, one on each side, the mounting looks like one seen on Navy Seahawks
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 12, 2012 - 03:23 AM UTC
It looks like a standard XM-23 helicopter doorgun mount to me. Cobra Company also sells a 1/48 XM-23 Doorgun system that includes two complete M60Ds and their mounts.
Northwestern
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
Posted: Saturday, May 12, 2012 - 03:33 AM UTC
Thanks for the info, when I get a chance, I will check them out

I ordered a second kit so I can do both versions

Here is a better shot of the Gunship model, I want to do this one and the one without the doors and the gunners

I know I have the Cobra rocket pod for the MH-60L DAP, I will try to scratch a second and then scratch build the pylons

_GOTOTOP