_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Danish Spitfires
NPLemche
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Sweden
KitMaker: 32 posts
AeroScale: 31 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 12:11 AM UTC
Posted this earlier today on Britmodeller and sorry for the cross posting:

Yesterday I had a long chat with Jacob Stoppel (Stoppel's hobbyshop in Copenhagen) about the Danish presentations Spitfires, Skagen Ind, Valdemar Atterdag, and Niels Ebbesen. He plans to create the decals for these. Then another project would be to cover W/C Kaj Birkfeldt RAF Spitfires. My sources tell me that he flew threw personal planes as squadron leader and then wing commander. Wingtor have recently published decals for one (we are talking about 1:48).

So, the fotos immediately available, e.g., at the spitfiresite, do not tell much about codes. Do some here have better reference material, and to Birksted's Spitfires, do anybody know more?

I can add that Stoppel plans to publish decals for the RDAF Spitfires in 1:48 shortly.

NP

wespe66
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Frederiksborg, Denmark
KitMaker: 122 posts
AeroScale: 121 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 08:29 AM UTC
Sounds super cool!
I have had (one of) those spits in my mind for some time.
I have found this picture of one of Kaj Birksteds machines:

I was told that as a wing commander he had the privilege to choose his own initials as his code.

Besides that I have profile drawings of the three spitfires you mention. I can post them if you are interested.

Regards
NPLemche
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Sweden
KitMaker: 32 posts
AeroScale: 31 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 06:10 PM UTC
Thank you for the mail. I know the KB-foto (and have Vingtor's decals for it), and the profiles I found at the spitfiresite. But again thank you.

There are several fotos available on the net, but none of these shows the codes. The museum in Tangmere shows "Valdemar atterdag", so maybe they have the information, alias fotos showing more.

NP
Antoni
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 574 posts
AeroScale: 573 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 11:09 PM UTC
There are two Spifire Mk IXs listed as coded with his initials KB. MH830 & MJ462.
 _GOTOTOP