_GOTOBOTTOM
Cold War (1950-1974)
Discuss the aircraft modeling subjects during the Cold War period.
Hosted by Tim Hatton
LIM-2, Airfix, 1:72
Mecenas
KitMaker: 1,596 posts
AeroScale: 1,275 posts
Posted: Monday, June 18, 2012 - 07:54 PM UTC
Hi gang,
here are some pictures of my recently finished build of LIM-2, a licensed build Polish MiG-15bis.

The kits was build with a purpose of having fun. I just made few correction of original kit: replaced gun barrels, added stripes of Tamiya tape as so called "seat belts", antenna wire and generaly thined the aerodynamic combs (is this a proper word?) on wings.

For painting Gunze Metalic "Aluminum" was used (the cheap one, not Super Metalic) with preshading of some panels (airbrakes, landing gear covers, panel above gun barrels). Then I applied the decals and varnished everything with highly diluted Vallejo acrylic semi-matt. I painted the number before using metalizer and masked separate digits with self made masks. In a typical sequence masks would tear off the metalizer.

The kit represents machine used in 39 Fighter Regiment in Mierzęcice, probably in early 1970' - a nearby air base to my home.

Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 09:28 AM UTC
Outstanding work Michal!! I really enjoyed looking at your MiG. Thanks again, Russell
JClapp
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 2,265 posts
AeroScale: 1,715 posts
Posted: Monday, July 09, 2012 - 04:21 AM UTC
just saw this. Very nice work.
Ive developped an interest in cold war MiGs recently, as well as natural metal finish on models.
thanks for your input.
Middle_Franconian
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 279 posts
AeroScale: 239 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 07, 2012 - 07:53 AM UTC
Hi Michal,

looks very nice! I especially like the realistic dull aluminium finish.

Regards,

Sebastian
 _GOTOTOP