_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
Italeri EF-18G Growler 1/48
Dimitar
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Sofiya, Bulgaria
KitMaker: 414 posts
AeroScale: 126 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 - 02:44 AM UTC
http://www.italeri.com/scheda.asp?idProdotto=2096
Just found it, it comes with some very nice decals, but how about the molds. I suppose it's Italeri's own take on F-18F, with new parts for the Growler, or am I wrong?
If so - is it worth buying or better stay away?
ViperEnforcer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 204 posts
AeroScale: 202 posts
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2012 - 11:46 AM UTC
Italeri came with a Growler a couple of years back. Though they did correct a few minor detail errors, they forgot some key Growler details; not to mention it still has the Italeri-typical crummy cockpit, Exhaust, gear, and wheel well detail still exist. There were Growler antennas missing and key features omitted like a proper ACS rear cockpit (not that there was a worthwhile cockpit to begin with) and BARD Stack ECS Exhaust ports.

This is Italeri's second release and it would seem that they added some of the previously mentioned antennas and event eh BARD Stack ECS Exhaust.

Unfortunately the same underscaled - misshapen 218 wingtip and ALQ-99 pods are still included. An "so-so" attempt at a true Growler, though not really a contender to Hasegawa. Hasegawa's Growler is far better, a lot more accurate, and better detailed, but still has its problems and omissions. We have a Growler update/correction set coming out in the Fall. Most of the parts were made by a talented modeler on this board. More to come post Nationals.

Mike Valdez
Sierra Hotel Models
Dimitar
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Sofiya, Bulgaria
KitMaker: 414 posts
AeroScale: 126 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2012 - 02:28 AM UTC
Thanks, Mike.
So I'll go for a Hasegawa one when the moment for adding this one to the Hornet's nest arrives.
 _GOTOTOP