_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Night Falls...
Dimitar
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Sofiya, Bulgaria
KitMaker: 414 posts
AeroScale: 126 posts
Posted: Monday, July 02, 2012 - 08:28 AM UTC
...and and it's Black Widow's time!
In 1/32 from Trumpeter/HobbyBoss.
http://ipmsphilippines.com/test-shots/trumpter-132-p61a-black-widow/

A "little" buddy to keep my He-219A-7 away from loneliness.
GastonMarty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 595 posts
AeroScale: 507 posts
Posted: Monday, July 02, 2012 - 10:00 AM UTC
Judging from the windshield shapes it is even more ludicrous than the Great Wall kit, and I intend to probably bin that after a lot of work...

Here's a little evaluation I did of the sprue shots: One of the silliest releases in recent memory (unless someone comes up with a replacement canopy at least)...

http://s3.zetaboards.com/readersforum/topic/7573672/1/

Let's not forget the ridiculous square-looking cowls with, seemingly, a far too large opening...:

Why?

Let's wait for Zoukei-Mura or other similar serious maker: Z-M has been rumored to eventually go for the P-61 in 1/32, and this Trumpeteer release will probably not even slow them down...

Gaston
MrMtnMauler
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 224 posts
AeroScale: 223 posts
Posted: Monday, July 02, 2012 - 10:38 AM UTC
Mr. Marty,
Please, please, please find a different chat forum to completly BORE and ANNOY anyone who has an interest in this hobby. Your continious dribble about endless technical flaws based on photographs and nothing else is more irritating than fingernails on a chalkboard. I think I speak for many when I wish you would just go away.

Good luck and adoios

Jim
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
AeroScale: 3,756 posts
Posted: Monday, July 02, 2012 - 12:08 PM UTC

Quoted Text

...and and it's Black Widow's time!

Quoted Text

Judging from the windshield shapes it is even more ludicrous than the Great Wall kit

SunburntPenguin
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
KitMaker: 121 posts
AeroScale: 112 posts
Posted: Monday, July 02, 2012 - 02:33 PM UTC
Oh dear, I couldn't even recognise this as a P-61......it looks like some aircraft that I've never seen before.

Gaston, this time you're comparing pictures of sprues, this is taking it too far, but thanks for the laughs today with that comparison.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the upper fuselage section moulded in clear strikes me as an odd choice. Surely Trumpeter aren't planning on making the engines and upper gun turret completely detailed and visible through the fuselage if you so desire.
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Monday, July 02, 2012 - 04:07 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Mr. Marty,
Please, please, please find a different chat forum to completly BORE and ANNOY anyone who has an interest in this hobby. Your continious dribble about endless technical flaws based on photographs and nothing else is more irritating than fingernails on a chalkboard. I think I speak for many when I wish you would just go away.

Good luck and adoios

Jim

We have a lovely feature installed just for this type of occasion. Look on one of Gaston's posts for the "Hide User" button. Click it and the chalkboard fingernails will trouble you no more.
MrMtnMauler
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 224 posts
AeroScale: 223 posts
Posted: Monday, July 02, 2012 - 04:26 PM UTC
Bless you Jessie, just did the "hide user" action. Much appreciated!

Jim
Tomcat31
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,828 posts
AeroScale: 1,720 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 03, 2012 - 07:29 AM UTC
I often wonder what would happen if every member was to click the hide user button
Kornbeef
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,667 posts
AeroScale: 1,551 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 03, 2012 - 11:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I often wonder what would happen if every member was to click the hide user button

Did someone say something... I thought I heard... oh never mind its the voices in my head again I guess.
NPLemche
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Sweden
KitMaker: 32 posts
AeroScale: 31 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 03, 2012 - 05:25 PM UTC
Now, this discussion has if not dominated then at least been a fixed topic since I joined this spring.

Mr Marty could get his gospel through by changing style. A little kindness towards manufacturers who have invested thousands of pounds in a mould and are trying to make a living. Mr Marty it is called respect.

But my point is that if a certain model unmodified is turned in for a natioal IPMS occasion, it will be butchered by the assembly of self-acclaimed experts if one rivet is placed wrongly.

To most other people it is OK if the thing looks like the original. My grandchildren have never had problems identifying a Spitfire (those wings) but would of course be in trouble if I asked for mark.

Mr Marty, try to make a model and present it. I am quite sure if you pare this procedure with a criticism kindly worded, there may be some who are not instantly pushing this go away sign.

By the way, a Toukei-mura P-61 will probably cost around 150 £. That is about the price they are going to ask for the Heinkel 219.

NPLemche
Spiderfrommars
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 3,845 posts
AeroScale: 25 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 03, 2012 - 09:30 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Mr. Marty,

Good luck and adoios

Jim

More than boring is WRONG!
We have already spoken about lots of times. Pics have perspective distorsions even if they depict planar views so Mr Marty's lines are TOTALLY ARBITRARY. I think that is irritating that he hardly ever says "In my humble opinion". He scribbles some lines on the pics then he says "this kit is crap!"
I warmly advise him to follow some courses of technical drawing and descriptive geometry. In spite of his arrogance he seems quite ignorant
 _GOTOTOP