Eduard 190 instructions on canopies
Emeritus
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 2,845 posts
AeroScale: 1,564 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 04, 2012 - 01:21 AM UTC
Hi,

Getting closer to the finish line with my Eduard Fw 190 A-8 (#8173), I turned my attention to the canopies, the front section to be exact. Are the instructions really correct for pointing out the clear part N5 to be used?
I could really use an expert's opinion on this issue. (Gaston, no comments about dimensional accuracy needed, I know your opinion on the windscreen, and I do agree with you, it is too wide)

Part N5 has wider rear and bottom frames, which to me would suggest it representing the up-armored variant used in the heavier bomber interceptor variants.

Respectively, on N9 those frames are narrower. I presume its the regular type?

Puzzled, I pulled the A-6 kit (#8171) from my stash, and its instructons are the same in this regard, pointing out part N5 to be used and crossing over N9 as left-overs.

So, online I went to check instructions of some other Eduard 190s. Part N5 seems to be canopy front part of choice for the A-5, A-7, D-9, D-9 Late, etc. Same for the weekend editions of those.
But then, lo and behold, strangely the only kits that point out clear part N9 to be used is the A-8/R2 and its weekend edition.

I have no recollection of this being mentioned in any reviews or build articles/threads, nor seeing any errata regarding this in Eduard's kits. Funny...

What do you think?

_GOTOTOP