_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
How about the Cybermodeler reviews ?
JESSIE0912
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virgin Islands (British)
KitMaker: 3 posts
AeroScale: 3 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 08, 2012 - 09:26 PM UTC
I usually read some reviews before I start to build a kit. But I noticed that the reviews on Cybermodeler are not very useful for me. Is there anybody has the same feeling as me?
russamotto
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 3,389 posts
AeroScale: 375 posts
Posted: Monday, July 09, 2012 - 03:34 AM UTC
I'll read all their reviews to get an idea of what is in the kit, just like I do most everywhere else. I like the build reviews that are posted. I have noticed that many of the reviews are all highly marked.
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Monday, July 09, 2012 - 05:12 AM UTC
I'm not going to indulge in bashing another website. I'll just say that they're much better than nothing at all. They give you a look inside the box so you know what to expect from the model, which is what a review is suposed to do.

What are you looking for in a review? How do our reviews here on Aeroscale compare? What could we be doing differently?
md72
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 4,950 posts
AeroScale: 3,192 posts
Posted: Monday, July 09, 2012 - 03:47 PM UTC
Tip toeing on a very thin line.

I do enjoy looking at the Previews (in the box) and Reviews (build ups) on Modeling Madness. Sometimes you can see what's there and how someone dealt with all the fun. --Full disclosure, I've actually written one of each over there --

There's no where close to a 1:1 on previews to reviews, but to me it's the largest SEARCHABLE collection of aircraft kit reviews out there.
JESSIE0912
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virgin Islands (British)
Posted: Sunday, July 15, 2012 - 09:23 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm not going to indulge in bashing another website. I'll just say that they're much better than nothing at all. They give you a look inside the box so you know what to expect from the model, which is what a review is suposed to do.

What are you looking for in a review? How do our reviews here on Aeroscale compare? What could we be doing differently?

Sorry for my late reply , I was crazy busy last week .
What I am looking for is the just & useful reviews before I am going to buy a kit which I dreamed for a long time. I don't want to put my money in a wrong kit. I am willing to pay for precise kits not inaccurate ones.That why reviews are so important to our modellers.
Your reviews are quite usefull for me, Thank you and support you forever!
JESSIE0912
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virgin Islands (British)
Posted: Sunday, July 15, 2012 - 09:24 PM UTC
[quote]Tip toeing on a very thin line.

I do enjoy looking at the Previews (in the box) and Reviews (build ups) on Modeling Madness. Sometimes you can see what's there and how someone dealt with all the fun. --Full disclosure, I've actually written one of each over there --

Me too, thanks for your reply,body!
russamotto
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 3,389 posts
AeroScale: 375 posts
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2012 - 06:31 AM UTC
I check Cybermodeler and PMMS every day as part of my routine for the latest news and updates. Cybermodeler not only includes the reviews but also walk arounds, paint guides and other details. Michael Benolkin (hope I got that right) is most definitely a modeling enthusiast and his site is a valuable resource.
 _GOTOTOP